Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

huh. i've never considered 111 huntington to be a "fatty." it's not pencil-thin, but its proportions seem fine to me.

The crown is a little weird (thanks Menino), but I like it and it's one of my favorite towers in Boston.

The crown is a little weird (thanks Menino), but I like it and it's one of my favorite towers in Boston.

When viewed with the Christian Science Mother Church, I think the crown is fine -- it echos the Mother Church dome nicely.

Zuma? Oy. That is the epitome of trashy excess. I don't know how well it will go over with the Boston dining crowd.

One Dalton Construction Updates

9b0f90_5bf7a1220e184301ac15023fa9863ec7~mv2_d_2016_1512_s_2.jpg

9b0f90_9bd42c3a9bf04a17bcffa1cc14fbc897~mv2_d_1512_2016_s_2.jpg

9b0f90_7642acbbaa5c41eaaecba64294d45ba6~mv2_d_2016_1512_s_2.jpg

9b0f90_7bc78569a10243d798aa8eb287c59fff~mv2_d_1512_2016_s_2.jpg

9b0f90_280cf6dc486e45fb8b1d443ad5a48ee6~mv2_d_2016_1512_s_2.jpg

9b0f90_399e6b19116245a29d42028d9ed91cb6~mv2_d_2016_1512_s_2.jpg

It has locations in London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Miami, etc. Picture oligarchs, models and people who want to be seen spending money.

Imagine Tao, Buddakan or Lavo, but even more pricey and over the top - high ceilings, loud music, glossy interior, etc.

That is why I think it will struggle in Boston. Not that Boston "isn't good enough" but just seems it will be an odd fit with the local culture. The Pru mall crowd is not going to pop in here for a bite and this building will not have enough people to support it.

Zuma-Miami.jpg

Never heard of it...too bad it’s not Nobu or something...can’t believe Boston doesnt have one.

Last edited:
It has locations in London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Miami, etc. Picture oligarchs, models and people who want to be seen spending money.

Imagine Tao, Buddakan or Lavo, but even more pricey and over the top - high ceilings, loud music, glossy interior, etc.

That is why I think it will struggle in Boston. Not that Boston "isn't good enough" but just seems it will be an odd fit with the local culture. The Pru mall crowd is not going to pop in here for a bite and this building will not have enough people to support it.

japanese-restaurant-zuma-new-york

Sounds to me like the Four Seasons made exactly the right decision about their in-house restaurant. They probably do not want the Pru mall crowd dropping in for a bite. And the over priced "see and be seen" Zuma fits the profile of the likely guests of the overpriced Four Seasons.

I'm looking forward to the trademark suit from the local Faneuil Hall Tex Mex joint! But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see this open under a different name.

(E.g., Mario Batali's pizza place in the Seaport matches his "OTTO" brand better than his "Babbo" brand, but he uses "Babbo" in Boston because of a trademark dispute with a local chain.

The Pru mall has some pretty upscale names in it, and the Copley mall has some REALLY upscale names in it. I dont know if you've spent alot of time in the area in the last 5 years but there's seemingly a lot of people with LOTS of money to spend. The Pru food court days are long gone

Your guide to the Bu;

Breakfast;
Marmalade (yes; this is where they REALLY go!) or Starbucks (the one at Pavilions Plaza behind Demi Moore's/John McEnroe's/ Chris Chelios' house).
Lunch Pavilions Plaza: Lily's, Ollies or D'amores Pizza, Malibu Country Mall: Taverna Tony, Casa Habana..... PCH/ Malibu Beach: Dukes (named after Duke Kahanamoku), Moonshadows.... Zuma Beach: Coral Beach Cantina,
Weekend afternoons: Zuma Cafe (lots of foreign women in bikinis around here) or Nobu!
Dinner: Nobu, Taverna Tony, Malibu Farm (at Malibu Pier), Moonshadow, Dukes, Casa Escobar, Kristy's or Spruzzo
After dinner/ drinking; Nobu, Dukes, Moonshadow, Casa Escobar, Carbon Beach Club
Cars and Coffee; Trancas SUSPENDED after January 7th because we did too many supercar burnouts (irrational exuberance).... Celebrities included David Spade and Billy Joel .....there was a final curtain call in March.
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday: Malibu Bluffs Park.... not enough parking and Leno rarely attends, but it's all we have left.
Celebrity surfers at 1st Point; Jeffrey Wright (serious surfer), Lady Gaga, Adam Sandler, Victoria Vergara (French supermodel & longboard champion).....

I was walking south down the Southwest Corridor and as I got to West Newton I was awestruck by this. Anyone with a camera and a good eye should flock to that view - it's the first time I've really seen the height so easily comparable to the Pru towers. It was particularly startling as, because the weather just got fairly nice, it's the first time I've walked that way in any months.

I was walking south down the Southwest Corridor and as I got to West Newton I was awestruck by this. Anyone with a camera and a good eye should flock to that view - it's the first time I've really seen the height so easily comparable to the Pru towers. It was particularly startling as, because the weather just got fairly nice, it's the first time I've walked that way in any months.

Yes it's totally huge from the southwest. I parked on Columbus by Northeastern for my last set of pics and could see it towering over the lowrises there. Mindblowing stuff, and it's not done growing yet!

Obviously, from further away angles it's still apparent that it's not quite on the Pru's level yet. But still, Boston is now *this close* from having a Big 3!

That building in Cambridge is having its own little impact on the skyline

Great shots stevebikes,thanks for sharing! (and to everyone else that posts pics!)

Back