Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I've spent so many years looking at the same Back Bay skyline that I scroll through these pics - thank you to all who faithfully post - and my eye seems to want to catch an error, like One Dalton suddenly makes something so familiar appear foreign.

The Four Seasons Hotel appears to have soft opened last night.

Am I the only one who thinks we are NOT getting any lit up Four Seasons logo at the top?

Considering that they have done zero signage whatsover, I would lean toward the lit signage still happening.

building-with-logo.png

According to this the logo faces downtown, but presumably they'd have one per face?

They now have dates available in June and July, August is unavailable, then Sept dates are wide open. The concierge at the old Four Seasons said Sept is when they anticipate being fully operational,

Am I the only one who thinks we are NOT getting any lit up Four Seasons logo at the top?

It's not something that needs to happen immediately (illuminated logos are added and removed to fully completed buildings all the time), and there's some logic behind not wanting to "brand" the tower until it's fully operational/complete. Especially for such image-conscious names as Four Seasons.

It's not something that needs to happen immediately (illuminated logos are added and removed to fully completed buildings all the time), and there's some logic behind not wanting to "brand" the tower until it's fully operational/complete. Especially for such image-conscious names as Four Seasons.

It's also going to be incredibly small, subtle, and dim-lit, it doesn't really matter. Yet another dark tower that disappears at night. Let us pray for Winthrop Tower and some type of noticeable illuminated crown.

i love lit up crowns, too, and wish boston had more, but if this comes out as per the render then the lit-up tree will be tasteful and elegant -- and i suspect that it'll nonetheless be pretty impactful *because of* it being a dark tower, as you note. if you see a 10-foot tall glowing white tree hovering 740 feet in the air that's going to make an impression.

If only we could get the bare threshold of visibility--instead of the Darth Vader everywhere.

@DZ - what happened to that hill at Robbins Farm? When did they install all the benches, etc? That used to be the best hill for sledding in the area (better than the one up the hill at the baseball field, IMO.

It's actually a hill over. I discovered this new parklet a few months ago, called Hattie Symmes Park, at the site of the old Symmes Hospital and now the 360 Apartments.

I like this new park because it's a bit easier overall, with less people, less bugs, and the view literally visible from the lot. I still go to Robbin's Farm but a lot less now that I am splitting my time with this one.

Back