Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the construction hoist is being removed.

Correct! It's been slow going over the last two or three weeks, but it has been coming down over that time. Not much exterior work left now...

Thank you to everyone who photographed this epic project, you made it easier for a guy who decamped to the country to watch One Dalton go up. I booked a corner room as a surprise weekend getaway for my husband in September and I'll discretely photograph the loving hell out of the place and post it here. Least I can do.

Are you guys having trouble with Flickr?? i can't get the upload page to load. The little meter in the middle of the page says "searching for meaning." At the bottom, "it says GO PRO and your life will be epic."

i click on the meter or reload the page, and it says

"we got it turned up to 11...."

the page doesn't load at all.

uploaded to Photobucket.

Last edited:
From Friday night at Fenway

kOJNWtnr.jpg

Great shot Pheldy! Surprised they are still taking down the exterior hoist. Any chance this meets the stated "spring 2019 occupancy?" Running out of time.....

Great shot Pheldy! Surprised they are still taking down the exterior hoist. Any chance this meets the stated "spring 2019 occupancy?" Running out of time.....

With the weather has been like in Boston this year, they may not even be a Spring!

That shot shows how even though this site is really in line with 111 huntington and the axed copley tower at the right spine, its height and distance from the Pru, along with the way the hancock is angled and the street grid that gives a lot of diagonal sightlines, actually makes it look perfectly in line with the main spine from a lot of important angles like the one above.

This makes it a contributer to the main spine from many angles, even from its offset position, which in a way is even more interesting because then from other angles it changes completely, which it wouldnt if it were actually perfectly in line and spaced. Its like its using forced perspective to give a triple spine from the important angles, then completely changes from others.

gorgeous shots DHZ - thanks.

supposedly zuma opens next week(?!?!). i haven't walked by 1 dalton in about two weeks, but back then it definitely did NOT look like it was ready for customers/patrons coming in and out.

also -- if the main restaurant is going to open in a matter of days, where's the damn lit-up four seasons logo at the top already?

The first condo unit closed today, $4.7m for a 3br/3.5ba on the 26th floor.

Last edited:

Back