Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

They have a much larger space sectioned off than the footprint of the tower from the looks of the picture about half the site is not part of the tower.

WHtnXo3.png

This is my estimate of the enclosed project area vs the towers actual footprint. This is a very rough estimate but I think gives the general idea.

They have a much larger space sectioned off than the footprint of the tower from the looks of the picture about half the site is not part of the tower.

WHtnXo3.png

This is my estimate of the enclosed project area vs the towers actual footprint. This is a very rough estimate but I think gives the general idea.

Scroll through the construction management plan, you can pretty clearly see the footprint of the future building vs. the extent of the site fencing. You can also see where they'll have the crane & hoists.

Thanks I knew I had seen it somewhere before but couldn't remember last night when I looked.

Edit: I don't know if anyone wants to check but it seems like this project has disappeared from the BRA website. I just went on to look and none of the searches I tried worked and when I zoomed into the map on the home page showing developments in the city it did not show up and it should have. Any ideas what is going on?

Last edited:
Thanks I knew I had seen it somewhere before but couldn't remember last night when I looked.

Edit: I don't know if anyone wants to check but it seems like this project has disappeared from the BRA website. I just went on to look and none of the searches I tried worked and when I zoomed into the map on the home page showing developments in the city it did not show up and it should have. Any ideas what is going on?

That is strange. I just checked and could not find it either. Hopefully just a glitch and nothing more sinister.

Just stumbled across this by accident. Nothing crazy but figured id post it.

boston-luxury-towers4-four-seasons.jpg

I'm sure it is just an accidental deletion or error in their database but it is frustrating because now I am not able to check a few of the design details I was hoping I could.

As such, Daltonians will enjoy five-star amenities that would make a Back Bay brownstone dweller swoon. Want a martini at 3 a.m.? A bartender from the 50th-floor private restaurant will oblige. Longing for the links? Visit the golf simulation room. There’s also a private theater, spa, salon, and health club—plus a 24-hour valet, laundry services, and housekeeping.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/property/article/2016/04/03/one-dalton-street/

The image from the article shows more than the one I posted a few posts up.

one-dalton.jpg

My guess is Mr. Golden isn't pleased word got out that it's going taller than the Pru. back to sleep.

I love the lost tourists reading a map in the shade in that last render.

Can't wait to see this park filled with cosplayers taking photos during Anime Boston in 2-3 years when this wraps up. Should be a nice alternative to the windswept South Garden at the Pru if the new buildings can manage to keep street level wind speeds below gale force winds.

Of course it will be. I expect nothing less at this point.

No pics but I walked by this tonight and can confirm that they started digging the hole. Finally.

Just thought I should mention in case anyone else had missed it like I had at first, but the grey cladding on the podium is going to be real stone so even if it isn't the prettiest color we don't have to worry about gross looking precast.

Also general note I'm not sure why people are saying this will look ugly from the ground... Does anyone who said that want to explain?

Also general note I'm not sure why people are saying this will look ugly from the ground... Does anyone who said that want to explain?

Sure. Look at Post 1431. The street level and those flag festooned lower floors look like something from Huckleberry Hound City. The only reason there hasn't been public outrage is that much of the area is already a traffic sewer.

OK, the tall part is hot shit. But the bottom is a steaming coil of puppy poop.

There are only four flags is that really that big a deal? And no the ground floor isn't filled with retail and so I realize it isn't perfect and won't be the most engaging space but they made the decision to put the garage access inside the building which essentially doomed the ground floor to being a lobby and garage access but I still don't find the design ugly. I guess we will just have to disagree on this.

Back