Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

That's going to be a very hard one to beat, in any city.

I didn't know there was a model of this thing!
YgdsjsD.jpg

I'm hoping the black glass is not an artifact of the photo but is the cladding they are planning. And to get that inverted parabola artifact? Is that structural or a change in gradation of the glass? I really hope they execute that.

Agree with everyone else, this is sexy.

^indeed, if that is smoke-tinted glass it would be truly unique in Boston.

(could just be an artifact of the photo/model).

I am praying this isn't blue glass and can further differentiate itself from the Hancock, MT, and upcoming SST beyond just it's shape. The last thing we want to do is follow Toronto's model of sterility. (which went from essentially no blue glass to all blue glass)

Oh my.. that looks wonderful. Wouldn't be surprised to see a number of folks who bought into Millennium to move over to 4 Seasons once it's done.

i know many dont care and no im not a height-slut, but how cool would it be if there was an 11th-hour decision to add a spire or some other feature to make the (small) leap from second-tallest to new tallest in boston.

yeah, but if "antenna" is all there is then it'll be in the same category as the Pru, which (w/ antenna) is over 100' taller than JHT, but nobody sees it that way. a "spire" or slanted roof or crown would satisfy the height-police. i do think it's (at least in renders and models) a striking tower. i'd just also like to add "TALLEST" to make it even more of an event/icon for the city. it's definitely been long enough.

^Wow...I want that model for a nice spot in my living room. (Does it light up as well?) :)

It lights up each individual unit, it's located in the sales office along with almost a fully built out unit. It's probably the best sales center I've ever seen.

I am praying this isn't blue glass and can further differentiate itself from the Hancock, MT, and upcoming SST beyond just it's shape. The last thing we want to do is follow Toronto's model of sterility. (which went from essentially no blue glass to all blue glass)

Totally agree. We need some more glass sheathed tower that variate in color. That's why I liked the Harbor Square Tower 1.

Amber glass is great, green is OK.

From the picture of the scale model, it looks a lot like the grey metallic / silvery glazing you see a lot in Manhattan. 50 West Street as an example:

8_50W_Ext_West_Day.jpg

I'm hoping the black glass is not an artifact of the photo but is the cladding they are planning. And to get that inverted parabola artifact? Is that structural or a change in gradation of the glass? I really hope they execute that.

Agree with everyone else, this is sexy.

the "inverted parabola" effect is a reflection of the illuminated curve in the ceiling of the space where the model is exhibited.

Back