Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

It really seems like this should be past the plateau by now. That pause they had to take for the cross bracing must be whats making it feel this way because I feel like its been around the same height for a while now. Hopefully soon it will break through because after that point it will be visible from everywhere until it tops out. Once it does its going to be way more exciting to watch. Anyone have any idea when we should expect it to break through the plateau?

A friend posted this on his Facebook page, said I could share!

She’s gonna be a stunning addition to the skyline!

"She" ... is coming out well but ... just curious ... is this not a glass extrusion like many others? Why is this stunning?

cca

Ps. Can we not give buildings personal pronouns?

Why is this stunning?

The shape and the quality of the glass, combined with the overall height for Boston, is what will make it stunning. Also, the vertical spandrel lines (every 3rd window) will turn into indents that should reflect the sun vertically up the top 2/3 of the tower. The glass is also curved, as opposed to just angled to give off the illusion of being curved. They clearly did not spare any expenses for the cladding.

You sound like somebody who has not walked by this in person.

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous as well as hideous, awful, ugly....it's all a matter of perception and personal taste. In this case, I find her glass and her curves as well as her future height to be stunning. Just as Pluto will always be a planet to me, I'll always refer to a ship or beautiful building as a she. Just my thing. ;)

cca,

Due respect, but you yourself are always telling us how not all glass boxes are created equal. Then again maybe that is your exact point and you are more interested in the analyses than the surface level praise...

(btw, i am not specifically commenting/critiquing this project)

Last edited:
I do this this tower is stunning as well. We dont have a triangular shaped floor plan like this anywhere else in the city, and the fact that the edges are curved glass is also and expensive and important touch. Yea it has a flat roof (still have no idea how the antenna is going to look), but I think that the thinness plus height is going to look great along with the rounded edges. The slits as mentioned on the top 2/3's of the tower should catch the light at certain times of the day and light up. Also I like the way the roof line is rippled instead of flat. The pic below shows that from street level it should have a rippled effect on the roof line vs being flat.

rendering_4seasons1_biz%20copy2.jpg

Cant wait until this is our skyline. Coming soon:

oendalton.0.jpg

Then if we get the pike parcels this view is going to be even more incredible. Big things coming to Boston.

"She" ... is coming out well but ... just curious ... is this not a glass extrusion like many others? Why is this stunning?

cca

Ps. Can we not give buildings personal pronouns?

This girl's got curves.

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous as well as hideous, awful, ugly....it's all a matter of perception and personal taste. In this case, I find her glass and her curves as well as her future height to be stunning. Just as Pluto will always be a planet to me, I'll always refer to a ship or beautiful building as a she. Just my thing. ;)

Buildings are masculine (or neuter).

We're not talking about ships or cars.

If you insist, in this case you are stunned by his beautiful curves and height.

EDIT: Forget it!

Back to the building itself... Has anybody noticed any visible progress in the last week, since the belt truss is supposedly finished? Is this thing rising again? It is tough to tell from the further off vantage points, such as Arlington. I couldn't even tell from the river. I thought this was supposed to get the heck going already!

Last edited:
I notice there seems to be an outsize proportion of gay men on these sites, including here, skyscrapercity, etc. Anybody know why that is? Just curious, as apparently I'm one of the few straight people who like skyscrapers. (at least enough to seek out these sites) My guess is it relates to the phallic nature of the skyscraper form itself, but what the hell do I know? It's just something I have absolutely noticed on these sites through the years.

Who knows, maybe I'm also really bi or something and just don't know it.....

My guess is that these forums have an average amount of gay users and the perception is that it's higher due to survivorship bias. You never notice the straight users because they don't mention that they are straight. Of course that's all a guess without looking at any data so take it with a grain of salt.

My guess is that these forums have an average amount of gay users and the perception is that it's higher due to survivorship bias. You never notice the straight users because they don't mention that they are straight. Of course that's all a guess without looking at any data so take it with a grain of salt.

Ha, you caught my comment for posterity before I decided to edit it! It is something I have wondered about for years. Yeah, you're right that you never really hear straight people talking about being straight. I will say that many of the best (in both quality and quantity of their posts) contributors on this site as well as skyscrapercity end up being gay. Survivorship bias might be part of it, but I really don't think it's necessarily the final answer either.

Anyway, it was just a curiosity based question. No judgments!

You never notice the straight users because they don't mention that they are straight.

haha, correct you are, straight guys on here never say they're straight; they just happen to mention their wives or girlfriends at different times in different posts and I know they must be straight guys since I really don't think there are that many lesbians here on this forum talking about their wives or girlfriends though I may be mistaken about that! ;)

Last edited:

Back