Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I noticed the crane from Elm Street in Davis Sq. Last night. She's sexy all lit up in green.

On the way in this morning on i93 it looks like it has passed r2d2 in height (of the core at least).

Nice shot of this from Fenway (https://twitter.com/GordonEdes)

Also like the new Sam Adams sign in right that replaced the Budweiser sign :)
DaBBtH0WsAcAyei.jpg:large

^^^ Great shots!! Thanks for sharing. Loved your NYC photos also.

Thanks! It's from Columbus, right near your favorite parking garage view.

Agreed on both counts. His NYC photos on Skyscraper City are AWESOME! Keep them up.

Thanks! The whole trip was geared toward those skyline views. NYC is going bananas!

How many floors does this have left? 10 or so?

Not counting the core it looks like maybe 16 floors left to form, plus the ~2 story mechanical screen.

I have seen enough of this to believe the end result is going to be absolutely bleeping awesome beyond belief, to the supermax, times 1000. Allow me to convince you.

From 4/6 Part 1 of 3. Click into any picture to view it larger.

IMG_1946 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1951 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1955 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1968 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1970 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1976 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1981 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1991 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_1993 by David Z, on Flickr

Well I think that clears up that the cut outs look very good. They look sharp and precise, going to look incredible.

wow. this is like nothing in Boston and it's gonna outclass all!

wow. this is like nothing in Boston and it's gonna outclass all!

i agree and remain pretty baffled at the seeming indifference to this thing on AB. i've gone back to old posts to make sure it's not just my mind playing tricks on me -- and it's not. at this stage/height/progress, people around here were WAAAAAAY more jazzed about millennium tower. i really like MT and was one of those folks who was excited to see it go up, but this is not only a far more elegant design with wonderful proportions, but it's also going to be nearly as tall as the tallest buildings in town. i don't get the apathy.

Wooo it's a glass triangle for the rich.

I don't get the love for it on AB other then the fact that it's tall.

i agree and remain pretty baffled at the seeming indifference to this thing on AB. i've gone back to old posts to make sure it's not just my mind playing tricks on me -- and it's not. at this stage/height/progress, people around here were WAAAAAAY more jazzed about millennium tower. i really like MT and was one of those folks who was excited to see it go up, but this is not only a far more elegant design with wonderful proportions, but it's also going to be nearly as tall as the tallest buildings in town. i don't get the apathy.

I think it has to do with what MT did giving downtown a crown finally and it was way taller than anything around it. This is slowly catching the Pru vs MT dominating early and I think the closer it gets to completion the more excitement there will be. Its in the neighborhood of the Hancock and Pru so itll never dominate, but it is very elegant. MT was taller than anything around it early and then it finally brought a crown and a new tall building in general to downtown that filled in a major gap in the skyline. 1 Dalton is in the already tall neighborhood.

Your post is #3071 in this thread. This one is #3075.

i'm curious as to your definitions of "indifference" and "apathy".

Your post is #3071 in this thread. This one is #3075.

i'm curious as to your definitions of "indifference" and "apathy".

your mastery of arithmetic doesn't go un-noticed. well done.

my definitions of those words are in line with most commonly accepted understandings of the word(s).

Whether we like it or not, this building is going to have a huge impact on our visual senses from many, many places in the city...regardless of who it's "built for."

There is definitely such a thing as poorly executed / vs/ very well executed design for wealthy clients (e.g., 50 Liberty vs. this).

This is a very well executed design that will not be a blight on our skyline. I think people are happy about that. For example, the 30 Dalton Apartments, are also "for the rich" and yet that building, IMO, is a blight on the skyline. Every time I exit Hines Station I get mad at it.

Back