Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

it wouldn't surprise me if the hotel portion and maybe lower-level condos are seeing occupancy by the end of 2018. barring some catastrophic disaster, this'll top out mid-summer. plenty of time to get things live-in ready in the following 5 months. but, yeah - i don't think it'll be truly "finished" until early '19.

I think they are basing it on the price of the units. It would't surprise me if they cost as much as what some of the condos in the new Four Seasons will cost. It is a waterfront building which tends to inflate prices some.

Alternatively, maybe people just chill?
duty_calls.png

Jeez, not sure what precipitated that.

Cadetcarl asked for some info and I was helping him out with a link.

I guess no good deed ever goes unpunished by the Good Reverend......:)

Haven't been on here in a while, but I noticed there was some debate regarding the massive income disparity in Boston.

Yes, we're in the midst of another "gilded age" of sorts. Does one Dalton symbolize that? sure. Do all pencils on 57th street in NYC? Probably.

Is 1 Dalton a nice design? I think so. I can't wait to see it next time I'm in town.

Should something be done about the wealth gap in this nation? OF COURSE! I think there should be a discussion (albeit not on this particular thread) of the issue. I love a good debate, and I can understand how some are butt-hurt when someone challenges their convictions. But if people could talk with more open-mindedness and really consider other people's points' before flying off the handle, maybe there could actually be some productive conversation and who knows, progress on the issue someday.

1 Dalton looks dope.

The Pru is still ugly.*

*actually a masterpiece

Don't tell the Red Sox, but there's a building going up that's ruining their historic view. :rolleyes: From last night's game.

This actually got me thinking about the crane. Last night, the crane was a solid blue/red stripe up the side of the building, without doing any of its LSD-trip color changing. Since the crane is clearly visible from home plate now, I wonder if the Sox asked them to tone it down during home games to prevent distracting the batter.

3VxLJal.jpg

Lots of empty seats at Fenway in that picture.

Note all the random people standing on the field. This is clearly before the game started.

Also, thanks for the cool picture. When this is done it will look taller than the Pru from Fenway!

The lit up crane is the best part of this project. I really want a tower with ground to top strip lighting now kind of like that one in Houston.

Note all the random people standing on the field. This is clearly before the game started.

Also, thanks for the cool picture. When this is done it will look taller than the Pru from Fenway!

Correct. People gathering for on field Marathon bombing commemoration.

Note time on retro clock covering 4-C's. Night games usually begin 7:05-7:10 pm

The lit up crane is the best part of this project. I really want a tower with ground to top strip lighting now kind of like that one in Houston.

Which tower are you referring to? Are you sure you don't mean the tallest building in Dallas?

Also, you might say that Avalon NS is Boston's first true foray into this type of lighting with the vertical stripe (or are there really 2 vertical stripes here?).

Old but w/e...

Screen_Shot_2018-04-13_at_1.39.16_PM.png

I agree that it would be great if they end up lighting more of 1 Dalton than just the 4 Seasons sign at the top.

I made some renders of the Hancock with strip lighting in the cut. I looked at different buildings and thought this mode the most sense since its in line with the Pru and the Pru is lit at night, this would give our tallest building some lighting as well, where it doesn't have a crown so its kind of hard to. Also it already has the slice up both sides so installing an led bar up there wouldn't be noticeable in the day time as theres already black paneling in there anyways. I think it looks pretty cool. I love how it looks at night at NST, adds something new to the skyline and its very interesting and kind of badass to look at. I hope its not blocked by the hub on causeway tower because it really adds something cool to the skyline. Anyways:

The classic Boston yellow lighting look. It would be badass if they did this every night the Bruins were playing. The Pru is already Boston's north star it would be cool if like the old hancock different lighting for all the towers being lit the same had different meanings. Blue could be the Patriots, Red the Red Sox, Yellow- Bruins, Green St Pattys Day. The for like Independence day one could be red, one could be white led light, and one could be blue. I think this would be badass. Heres the classic Yellow that they could do during Bruins games:

Finally a pic with 888 Boylston theres not many on google showing the pru lit up in different colors, with 888 Boylston, and at night, but you get the main idea still.

Heres some "Houston" versions. Remember they would all match with 888 Boylston as well:

I think it would be cool if you could tell what was going on that night just by looking at the entire back bay skyline being lit and them having a list they give the public that says what each one means. I know they already kind of do this with the Pru but if they did this they could have set parameters and more significant buildings to work with that would make it much more noticeable and you have the option of making them all different colors. This would be badass.

imagine if we got 40 Trinity, Copley Tower, Parcel 15 & the Back Bay Station manure?

And maybe, they can squeeze 1 more >600' between the Pru and 1 Dalton.

They need to sell the Copley Tower rights. I have no idea why this has not been done yet. Its the only building left that is going to be grandfathered in for that height. Its the last one. Someone has to jump at that...

Back