Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Should be pretty close. It has suddenly dawned on me, doesn't this have a second truss belt at the top? Remember how long that first one took? If this is indeed the case, it might be a couple more months before we see the steel for the crown.

Can't really tell. I thought the reason they haven't started putting the steel for the crown is because they were waiting for the rest of the floors to catch up to the core. Judging by the pictures, I think they just recently caught up. That being said, I don't remember any rendering showing a second truss belt at the top so I think the crown should be starting soon, maybe as soon as next week.

The website also has a diagram that doesn't show a second truss belt (just a glass wall to hide the mech) and I believe this is the most accurate diagram out there

https://www.onedalton.com/

It looks like the core is at 57, the floors are at 56, and the total including screen will be 59. I'm really looking forward to that last little boost.

xyWM5L8h.jpg

gzCwQpRh.jpg

Like how the antenna on top of the Pru is lit. It looks like a good old fashion dirigible mooring mast.

Extra added bonus' July 4th night at the Esplenaude!! Even the tower's crane gets in the act! Be a shame when it has to be dismantled!! :cool:

My friend who is an electrician working on this told me there are 3 more mech floors to go. If true then that might put it higher than the Pru.

Lets just wait and see its all speculation right now and were so close we can just wait a little bit and see what happens. I dont personally care either way but I was hoping its shorter so it slopes away from the pru but its so tall it already looks taller from certain angles so it doesnt matter.

My friend who is an electrician working on this told me there are 3 more mech floors to go. If true then that might put it higher than the Pru.

When I count the floors up to the exposed corners I get 56, and thought their were 59 windows, so this sounds exactly right. I honestly think those last 3 floors are going to make a huge difference in the perception of this building and what it does for the skyline. It will become a true peer to the 2 buildings that have dominated the Boston skyline for over 40 years.

^^ What impresses me about these is that the above angle is actually looking like some of the renderings, which at the time I dismissed as exaggerating the the tower's verticality. This is going to look so tall from the Reflecting Pool.

Thanks to everyone here who continually posts updates - for those of us on the other side of the world and who are permanently homesick, these are like mana from heaven.

it's going to look very good from those close in angles....

it's companion [30 Dalton] is 150~200' too low.

Maybe if/when Christ Scientist Garage (CSG) goes up,

no shadow issues, and it will have the 400' Huntington across the street for the downslope. :rolleyes:

Back