Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I know for other high rises this happens cause of the mechanical equipment on the top floors are too big to go in the regular elevator so leaving it open to be craned in makes the most sense. Likely the same situation here.

the progress with the glass has been slow/stalled for a long while now.

also, sweet fancy moses the pru is an ugly AF building.

Not to mention they have to use the crane to raise/lower all of the huge mech equip onto the top floor. So they keep it exposed for a bit to get all this up there, hook it up, and test it so they dont have to disassemble anything to get new stuff up there. Once they get all the too big/heavy stuff for the service elevator up there theyll close it up.

the progress with the glass has been slow/stalled for a long while now.

also, sweet fancy moses the pru is an ugly AF building.

The Pru is only ugly in a bygone era + its old and dirty type of way. I think it still looks great though and its an intricate facade. Its a nice throwback to a past era thats good to have on your skyline to give it history instead of just a bunch of glass boxes. Having towers from many different eras makes great skylines. Too bad art deco mostly skipped over us so we have no 700ft copper roof spire.. limestone facade masterpieces. Really is unfortunate. At least we have the old hancock a few other shorter art deco towers + liberty mutual this helps so were not compleeetely passed by. Liberty mutual shows we can still built great limestone towers today plus like the ones going up in nyc... we could really use one or two of these here. The custom house tower is amazing but different era.

43564522985_fac0befd79_b.jpg

43755938344_e0ba1473e0_b.jpg

I love that u can see a high spine tower from around the corner further away now. When your on this part of the pike you also have the Pierce over to your right too, so 2 wonderful blue glass towers in view here. They are in line too so it expands the skyline further down to the Pierce where before it ended at the Pru so the skyline is growing taller and expanding longer outwards.

The view down Stuart Street from around Bay Village has a really interesting collection of building geometries, with the Four Seasons tower in the background.

picture.php

Can someone please post a diagram to see which one is taller, the Pru or Four Seasons Hotel? Thanks. :cool:

I think if I ever develop a skyscraper, I am going to build it on a giant hydraulic platform that randomly raises and lowers throughout the year just so it can never have a permeant, fixed height.

Can someone please post a diagram to see which one is taller, the Pru or Four Seasons Hotel? Thanks. :cool:

I think it's been made abundantly clear in this thread that everybody knows the exact height of this building and thus can provide this with a high degree of precision.

I think if I ever develop a skyscraper, I am going to build it on a giant hydraulic platform that randomly raises and lowers throughout the year just so it can never have a permeant, fixed height.

Don't forget the telescoping spire!

Can we at least agree that One Dalton is the most beautifully proportioned tall building that has been built in Boston since the Custom House Tower?

I'll just have to assume that Four Seasons is or will be taller.

Back