Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I was up in Beantown for meetings today, so for my 1000th post, enjoy!

I am not as impressed with the height as I am with where you see it from (it is only slightly taller than my apartment building). It looms over the Back Bay and Fenway. Aside from the shot down St. Germain, I took a lot of shots from a distance and see how it can be seen from different spots, from Newbury Street or over by NU. Really cool.
Boston has changed so much since I lived there and this just adds to the evolutionary story.

There are many places on the ground from which this looks taller than the Pru, and even from the Middlesex Fells it basically looks even. It's not the game-changer we call for but I'll take it.

I was driving south on Mass Ave thru MIT and then across the bridge, and saw this from that part of town for the first time yesterday. I have to say — this would have looked AWESOME if it was much, much taller. It looks good, but it's a nice sleek tower and would've been the perfect place for a 1200 footer. (I know, I know, just saying)

^^^Great pics but they would look a lot better if you posted them one size smaller.

^^^Great pics but they would look a lot better if you posted them one size smaller.

Looks like the mods took them down anyway. Glad to see the encouragement to add content around here. What's the problem with big pictures? Are people still using dialup?

Looks like the mods took them down anyway. Glad to see the encouragement to add content around here. What's the problem with big pictures? Are people still using dialup?

I guess it's slower, but they're also just too big in general where anything over 2048x1536 usually doesn't look very good anymore unless you have an incredible camera. Also, anything over that size is way too big for probably 99% of the people's monitors who view this site. I have a 27" monitor and your pictures were far too large. I typically post my far off shots as 1600x1200, with the link so anybody who wants to click in for different sizes can do so.

I guess it's slower, but they're also just too big in general where anything over 2048x1536 usually doesn't look very good anymore unless you have an incredible camera. Also, anything over that size is way too big for probably 99% of the people's monitors who view this site. I have a 27" monitor and your pictures were far too large. I typically post my far off shots as 1600x1200, with the link so anybody who wants to click in for different sizes can do so.

Doesn't matter how big your monitor is. You can view a 1920x1080 picture on a 1080p 22" monitor or a 1080p 27" monitor all the same.

Doesn't matter how big your monitor is. You can view a 1920x1080 picture on a 1080p 22" monitor or a 1080p 27" monitor all the same.

Yes, but neither monitor is going to adequately view a 4000x3000 which is what those pictures were posted at.

we are in that 4-months-to-do-last-40-foot-of-tower shytte sheau phase.

the leaves will be brown and down by the time the tower is worthy of another photo.

save some gas in reserve.

the really sweet pics won't be until next spring.

and the really sweet ones, next early fall when the air is once again clean of particulates.... like after the first cold front slams in.

i'm getting out on a limb here....

even though it's considered the norm with Bostonians telling everybody else what to do, with the expectation of full compliance, i still get uncomfortable joining in.

Back