Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Add Copley Tower + 1000 Boylston + 885' at 1065 Boylston + 650' at 2 Charlesgate W

+ twin 550's at the Midtown Hotel site + 530' at the CS Garage

+ 600' East wing addition at the Sheraton Tower site + 490' Hynes Tower

+ 40 Trinity + The Huntington + those Back Bay Station towers + Fenway Center

and the Kenmore hotel towers + the rest of the Air Rights at Parcel 7, 12, 13 ....

We could end up with a totally badass

Back Bay.

Last edited:
I would say that Back Bay has been totally badass from as far back as the late 1800's, but that's just me.

Add Copley Tower + 1000 Boylston + 885' at 1065 Boylston + 650' at 2 Charlesgate W

and the Kenmore hotel towers + the rest of the Air Rights at Parcel 7, 12, 13 ....

Back Bay.

Will anyone still be breathing by the time all of those get topped off??? How many of those are likely to go up in the next 10 years?

Back Bay has all 3 seven hundred footers in the city. Downtown could really use a 700+ building. But since MT and Winthrop Square are almost that tall, you'd 900-1000'+ to really stand out in downtown. Prolly way too close to Logan for that though.

Yes - if we are to see any 800'+ built it will be in the Back Bay, not downtown due to Logan.

Back Bay.

What do you mean by 885' at 1065 Boylston?

heat haze, heat haze amongst the sprawl, who's the tallest of them all?
QSwDtXe.jpg

R2D2 was always sensitive about his height....
ZrLkpo8.jpg

great pix.

i realize with 1 dalton in the foreground it's bound to look taller than the pru, but coming up 93 from the s shore earlier today it certainly looked taller than the prudential and at the top of the hub a couple weeks back it looked to be taller. my money's on it being clearly taller than 749' once the mechanical screen is up.

That is my favorite answer to any question EVER!
As a kid I always thought the top of the Pru looked like an upside-down Cloud City.

It's an homage to the Empire Strikes Back.

Lol, I always appreciated the homely appearance of Star Wars vessels versus Star Trek where every ship was always in mint condition at all times. That and Cloud City rules.

The nerds over at MIT should hoist a giant cutout of Lando Calrissian onto the roof for one of their epic pranks.

I miss the MIT pranks. I feel like there hasn't been a good one in a while.

Back