Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

some decent interior shots (the pool is way smaller than i envisioned) plus some great vantage-point shots here.

Which affordable housing units are the ones the developer built in Roxbury? That is a nice tangible asset that comes out of these properties for the rich that still benefits regular people which is nice to see, that along with the taxes which you dont see as directly.

On another note thats cool the designer purchased a unit here, that means hes proud of the building and put his money where his mouth is. If he really thinks he created a centerpiece for the back bay and he loves the city hes showing it by living there himself. As an architecture fan if I had designed Bostons tallest residential Id want to live there too, good for him. Those views must be insane.

Last edited:
It that the last of the construction elevators shafts that is be dismantled?

Seems like closings are going slowly ... only three so far with eighteen having been released by the developer nearly a month ago.

The luxe market is pretty saturated, and the super-luxe market is, imo, smaller than investors and developers think. These units will move, but slower, and likely for less than initial list.

The luxe market is pretty saturated, and the super-luxe market is, imo, smaller than investors and developers think. These units will move, but slower, and likely for less than initial list.

Definitely not the case. One Dalton is 80% sold, as is Pier 4. 22 & 50 Liberty sold out before C/O and there is less than a one month supply of inventory currently available (it's been like this for a few years in the luxury segment). I think there's a long way to go before we approach saturation, we're not NYC.

I can't believe they STILL haven't removed the remainder of the exterior elevator. Enjoy your $700/night hotel room complete with a view of..... (yes, I know the hotel rooms are on the lower floors and probably don't have great views anyway).

amazing pix DZH22 -- thanks so much!!!

this tower is crazy under-rated. everything about it is just perfect. i love the darker glass, the shape, the curves, proportions, the subtlety, the way it works with its environment. it's amazing.

still holding out hope for the tiny lit-up logo or some type of eventual night lighting, but this is a home run and 1 dalton gets (IMHO) strangely little love on this forum.

I can't believe they STILL haven't removed the remainder of the exterior elevator. Enjoy your $700/night hotel room complete with a view of..... (yes, I know the hotel rooms are on the lower floors and probably don't have great views anyway).

Yeah some early early reviews I've found on the internet complained about a still under construction lobby, a not yet open pool and generally lots of ongoing construction around the building... for a $200 hotel that would be fine but for a $700+ a night hotel I can understand the complaints...

What is really interesting to me about this building is the way it is so multi-faceted. Like a good diamond, the multiple and distinct surfaces are creating a spectacular effect depending on both what is emanating from the inside, and what is reflected from the exterior. It is so much more textured than a typical glass building. Really quite stunning.

Back