Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

It also seems that the glass, although dark, gets a little lighter when there is blue sky. The subtlety of the design features.... this is a real home run, and a good thing given the high stakes for this highly visible location.

Yeah some early early reviews I've found on the internet complained about a still under construction lobby, a not yet open pool and generally lots of ongoing construction around the building... for a $200 hotel that would be fine but for a $700+ a night hotel I can understand the complaints...

I can understand it but I sure don't sympathize. Shoulda done their research. It's always silly to me when "first adopters" (especially wealthy ones) complain when the product/experience has flaws. Just WAIT a little bit and the kinks get worked out.

I can understand it but I sure don't sympathize. Shoulda done their research. It's always silly to me when "first adopters" (especially wealthy ones) complain when the product/experience has flaws. Just WAIT a little bit and the kinks get worked out.

That's not really fair. If you are coming from out of town, you may not be aware that the hotel just opened and the building is still under construction. That's why most hotels put a warning on their websites informing customers of ongoing work during the time they are booking for. I just looked and see no such warning when booking rooms for next week at the One Dalton Four Seasons. That's not cool IMO if there is still lots of ongoing work.

888 boylston is still a turd but its done well to fade into oblivion on the skyline while maintaining a nice streetscape so it works out in the end.

888 boylston is still a turd but its done well to fade into oblivion on the skyline while maintaining a nice streetscape so it works out in the end.

Its streetscape is A+. That plaza is usually bustling and interesting with stuff going on. A nice urban life upgrade over whatever was there before.

Ha, your utter disdain for 888 Boylston had always made me laugh.

I hate it lol. At least its a nice ground level, if that was crappy too I cant even imagine.

So I noticed something this evening that I hadn't noticed before or seen posted on here. Unfortunately I couldn't snap a picture because I was on the bus.

I was going over the BU Bridge at sunset looking towards downtown; the reflective notches on both the John Hancock building and Millennium Tower were on full display. BUT, there was also a reflective notch or two happening along the length at One Dalton. I have never seen this effect before on One Dalton, and I cross this bridge every day in every season. Perhaps it only happens around the solstice. Maybe the next sunny evening I'll try go out and try and capture it.

convo with 1 dalton's facebook monitor re: the lit-up logo at the top:

them: Right now, we are in the final stages of perfecting the exterior of our building.

me: ah ok. so it may not be going up after all?

them: We do not have an answer right now at this very moment but stay tuned to our website and social media page for updates.

Interesting that people still call this "1 Dalton" and not the "Four Seasons".

We don't call the Ritz "1 Avery"

Or is it just us development people who use addresses? Does the everyday person just know it as "The Four Seasons"?

Also One Dalton differentiates it from the Four Seasons on Boylston which seems to have retained the name ‘Four Seasons Hotel Boston’.

Interesting that people still call this "1 Dalton" and not the "Four Seasons".

We don't call the Ritz "1 Avery"

Or is it just us development people who use addresses? Does the everyday person just know it as "The Four Seasons"?

200 clarendon st, one beacon st, one marina park drive, 100 federal st, 111 huntington ave, 888 boylston st, 60 state st, one beacon st, one lincoln st, 28 state st, 33 arch st, 100 summer st, 125 high st, one post office sq, one international place, one boston place..

200 clarendon st, one beacon st, one post office sq, one marina park drive, one international place, one boston place, 100 federal st, 111 huntington ave, 888 boylston st, 60 state st, one beacon st, one lincoln st, 28 state st, 33 arch st, 100 summer st, 125 high st..

You may be the only human being to use 200 Clarendon who isn't contractually-obligated to not say "The Hancock".

And you listed a bunch of office buildings, so not sure of your point.

I was asking about the Four Seasons - it's a hotel and attached condos. The Ritz, The St Regis, The Taj, the Mandarin Oriental... none of them go by their addresses.

Could you imagine a well-heeled buyer saying "I live at 150 Seaport" and not "I live at the St. Regis?" Seems odd here. One Dalton is the outlier.

how does it seem the outlier? i dunno you from a hole in the ground, mike, and i'm not trying to be a dick or anything (honest), but did you read the responses to your initial post?

there's nothing mysterious or weird about it at all.

the building is called one dalton. the end.

You may be the only human being to use 200 Clarendon who isn't contractually-obligated to not say "The Hancock".

And you listed a bunch of office buildings, so not sure of your point.

I was asking about the Four Seasons - it's a hotel and attached condos. The Ritz, The St Regis, The Taj, the Mandarin Oriental... none of them go by their addresses.

Could you imagine a well-heeled buyer saying "I live at 150 Seaport" and not "I live at the St. Regis?" Seems odd here. One Dalton is the outlier.

Maybe because Boston already has a Four Seasons? Most people know the existing Boston Four Seasons as just "Four Seasons" so to avoid confusion people call this One Dalton. Calling buildings by address is not new, but it is quite trendy right now imo. But especially as there is already a Back Bay four seasons in Boston it would be really hard to name this one.

Back