Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

You and me both! I did see an article somewhere blaming delays on elevator inspections but I am not sure if that is the cause of the embarrassing plywood remains.

This is where the exterior lift was attached to the building. They need to wait for a separate order of glass to arrive .. .and then they need to rig a swing stage to finish off the panels that the "worked around" Thats all. All is good.

This is where the exterior lift was attached to the building. They need to wait for a separate order of glass to arrive .. .and then they need to rig a swing stage to finish off the panels that the "worked around" Thats all. All is good.

The plywood panels are on the WSW face of the building, facing the Fenway. That's where the tower crane was tied in to the structure; the exterior lift was on the NNE face, facing Cambridge.

That crane came down in March, so we're now right around 6 months of plywood. Obviously they'll be fixed eventually, but a wait this long is indeed strange.

Glass production lines have been slow for a very long time.

Yeah the elevator side was repaired far quicker than the crane support side... Wish I'd taken a photo of the crane support floors because the supports were massive and tied right into the central core of the building... sadly my phone died that day in the cold

20181204-160630.jpg

A few pics from a recent parents' weekend away. Bedroom views from the 20th floor looking S/SW I believe. The hotel is great, it has a relaxed but refined residential feel, and the suite was perfect. Zuma proved to be an Instagram trap, a very loud, very hot scene that I genuinely didn't expect in a Four Seasons, so we didn't stay and I didn't take any pics. I had the pool to myself twice which was very nice. The valet noted that the hotel is just about finished - two largest suites still to wrap up - and they had a 90% occupancy rate that weekend.
IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 160
The lighting almost makes it look like a render. Minus the plywood...

Back with the original plan that had a shorter tower here on the triangular parcel they had proposed another tower mirroring 177 huntington that was closer towards mass ave. Anybody know if this could still be something that could happen in the future? This would leave them with still more room to grow a pretty good amount in the future as well as add some more density to this stretch of huntington.

lincoln repeater location

Last edited:
I believe they killed that tower in exchange for extra height at 1 Dalton.
What city plans like this? It's unsustainable; Boylston Sq: Killed, 1000 Boylston: We're gonna Kill 1 tower and in exchange, make the 2nd tower shorter..... then cancel everything. Basically, do this everywhere.

Unreal, still rocking the plywood! Wouldn't be a huge shock if it were any other building.

The people who take down the crane and external elevator are different trades than the glaziers. They put up plywood or masonite and then pop windows in a few weeks later. No big deal. It's not like condo owners are in there yet anyway.

Back