General Electric HQ (Necco Buildings Reno) | 5 Necco Street | Fort Point

GE in its 3rd Q financials conference call said that the Farnesworth St lease expires end of this year [2019] and they will not renew it -- that implies that the new renovated complex on Necco will be occupied if not officially dedicated by the end of December 2019

I have no idea where Fort Pointer got this, but this is apparently the revised proposal...

I really like it.

1572911956592.png

That sets a good precedent massing and height for the 6+ acres next door and further down toward Broadway

Pardon me, I wasn’t sure where to put this but I do remember the northern ave bridge replacement being apart of the GE obligation. I can move if there is already a thread.

This bad boy is on site:
B2A28002-BC20-4D6B-8A74-5D95FC1A40AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Why does the glass on the roof stop half way and turn into a metal shed? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Besides that it looks good.

It is, but thats why you put mechanicals above.

NIght-Shift-Brewing.jpg

oh well a small mark on an otherwise great addition.

Is there a revised proposal of signage on the building? The industrial look is great, but this was designed as a support building and not the primary HQ of a company with $100B+ in revenue... Anybody seen an updated render?
IMG_6887 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

1574782025673.png

image.jpg

Vagabond -- CEO Culp is a kinda-low-key-kinda-guy
When he ran Danaher Corp with its HQ in DC -- the HQ building could have been some anonymous Nixon-Carter era Federal Agency regional office

Nothing like what Jeff Immelt had in mind for GE with a Logo -- "You could see from Mars"

maybe they will just take the Logos off the temporary HQ on Farnsworth St.
gecc2.jpg

image.jpg

Vagabond -- CEO Culp is a kinda-low-key-kinda-guy
When he ran Danaher Corp with its HQ in DC -- the HQ building could have been some anonymous Nixon-Carter era Federal Agency regional office

Nothing like what Jeff Immelt had in mind for GE with a Logo -- "You could see from Mars"

maybe they will just take the Logos off the temporary HQ on Farnsworth St.
gecc2.jpg

The Danaher building in DC has no choice - - that's a typical downtown DC building, contextual to its surroundings. It's not as if the Chrysler Building is allowed there.

Last edited:
The Danaher building in DC has no choice - - that's a typical downtown DC building, contextual to its surroundings. It's not as if the Chrysler Building is allowed there.

Danaher's leased space in this building is relatively small. The building is owned by Boston Properties and was formerly the site of the George Washington University Hospital. Historically, the cited photograph covers the space in the old hospital where the Ronald Reagan Emergency Room was located, as this was where Reagan was taken after he was shot.

Last edited:
so much for the "with a sign that can be seen from the moon!" (or whatever the quote was a few years ago)

so much for the "with a sign that can be seen from the moon!" (or whatever the quote was a few years ago)

I'm very glad the signage is smaller. Giant corporate logos increasingly read as tacky and wasteful, much like the giant compensation devices toys the execs buy once they reach c-suite.

That was said before they had to present to the Landmark's commission.

Back