General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

I'd rather spend an hour and a half in my own air conditioned car with radio presets and comfortable seating than say, 45 minutes on a crowded hot smelly trolley car underground.

Why do you live in Boston then? It sounds like you'd be much happier in Atlanta.

Well I would too. I have to agree with Bosdevelopment partially but I don't think it really matters since no matter which option you pick, all you end up doing is getting more aggravated at the slow moving traffic. Plus if you have a car, the wasted amount of gasoline used by just sitting there is enough to drive someone crazy with gas prices so high. Then again who wants to crowd inside a smelly outdated train with inefficient a/c?

Not me, I think you have to be out of your mind to commute at all. It's expensive, it destroys your car (or in the case of the T, your sanity) and it is a waste of your life.

lexicon506 said:
I'd rather spend an hour and a half in my own air conditioned car with radio presets and comfortable seating than say, 45 minutes on a crowded hot smelly trolley car underground.

Why do you live in Boston then? It sounds like you'd be much happier in Atlanta.

real people don't make decisions on where the lived based solely on convenience.

real people don't make decisions on where the lived based solely on convenience.

exactly, in Atlanta you would have numerous job opportunities thanks to its booming economy, cheap housing, plenty of development projects to talk about, and you could ride around in you little steel bubble all you want! Sounds like a deal to me :D

DarkFenX said:
Well I would too. I have to agree with Bosdevelopment partially but I don't think it really matters since no matter which option you pick, all you end up doing is getting more aggravated at the slow moving traffic. Plus if you have a car, the wasted amount of gasoline used by just sitting there is enough to drive someone crazy with gas prices so high. Then again who wants to crowd inside a smelly outdated train with inefficient a/c?

Gas isn't very expensive.

How is it not? $3 bucks a gallon isn't cheap and it doesn't seem to come down anytime soon with the wars in the middle east. Sitting in traffic for hours will cost you a lot if you drive to and from work 5 days a week. Anyway if gas isn't expensive then why is everyone complaining about the high gas prices or are you the only one that thinks that $3 a gallon unlead is a bargain?

DudeUrSistersHot said:
Gas isn't very expensive.

I wouldn't call Americas wealth being sent over seas and our security compromised for the sake of a commodity inexpensive.

DarkFenX said:
How is it not? $3 bucks a gallon isn't cheap and it doesn't seem to come down anytime soon with the wars in the middle east. Sitting in traffic for hours will cost you a lot if you drive to and from work 5 days a week. Anyway if gas isn't expensive then why is everyone complaining about the high gas prices or are you the only one that thinks that $3 a gallon unlead is a bargain?

I drive to work in an SUV that gets 12-13 miles per gallon 6-7 days a week, and I don't think it's that much. Every week or two I have to spend 60 bucks to fill my tank, it's not all that significant compared to the enormous scam of mandatory insurance in this state.

DudeUrSistersHot said:
DarkFenX said:

I drive to work in an SUV that gets 12-13 miles per gallon 6-7 days a week, and I don't think it's that much. Every week or two I have to spend 60 bucks to fill my tank, it's not all that significant compared to the enormous scam of mandatory insurance in this state.

All of this coming from the kid who thinks homeless people are the root of all evil in Boston.

DudeUrSistersHot said:
DarkFenX said:

That's true for you but I mean to the general public, many people end up wasting a lot of gas trying to get in and out of the city not to mention going through all toll booths. It really depends on the vehicle the driver has and the amount of travel it takes them to get to work that might make taking the T a better price.

blade_bltz said:
DudeUrSistersHot said:
DarkFenX said:

All of this coming from the kid who thinks homeless people are the root of all evil in Boston.

Bums are a drain on our society, but gas is expensive. It depends on how much you drive. I have a minivan that gets somewhere in the 15-16 mpg range and a pickup that gets 10-11 mpg (the truck i use less frequently). I drive in the 400-500 mile range a week so it adds up. Assuming I average about 13 mpg at 450 miles that's 35 gallons at 2.97 so about 100 bucks. $5,200.00 a year isn't exactly nothing. I remember in 1998, gas cost about $1.00 a gallon. That's a huge difference. All that money could've been spent elsewhere (investment, booze, etc). No matter how you slice it gas isn't cheap ( i pay about half the amount in insurance, which i do agree is a scam )

blade_bltz said:

My understanding is that you have to be 18 years of age to set up an ISP account, usually with a credit card. I think it is completely irresponsible to give a minor unfettered access to the Internet. People also need to watch what their children are posting on the Internet under their account so it doesn`t come back to haunt them.

I respectfully propose to the Administrator an 18 years of age minimum to post on this forum like it is on many other forums because it sustains the maturity level of discussion, much like it was here not too long ago.

Scott said:
blade_bltz said:

My understanding is that you have to be 18 years of age to set up an ISP account, usually with a credit card. I think it is completely irresponsible to give a minor unfettered access to the Internet. People also need to watch what their children are posting on the Internet under their account so it doesn`t come back to haunt them.

I respectfully propose to the Administrator an 18 years of age minimum to post on this forum like it is on many other forums because it sustains the maturity level of discussion, much like it was here not too long ago.
Well, 'not too long ago' didn't have the requirement of the minimum age of 18 either. I disagree with the minimum requirement anyway since not all aults have credit cards and if that is not require, people normally lie about their age. Also I believe there is a number of members here that contribute information but are uner the require age. I rather have people be banned for irresponsible post temporarily or permanently.

DarkFenX said:
Scott said:
blade_bltz said:

Well, 'not too long ago' didn't have the requirement of the minimum age of 18 either. I disagree with the minimum requirement anyway since not all aults have credit cards and if that is not require, people normally lie about their age. Also I believe there is a number of members here that contribute information but are uner the require age. I rather have people be banned for irresponsible post temporarily or permanently.

:idea: I propose we set up a virtual bar, so we can say whatever we want. :mrgreen: just kidding, but if we were to have a virtual bar, we would have to serve virtual rum and we can get virtually sick.

You mean before someone made this forum known to SSC, we didn't have so many problems. That site is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Some factual discussion about architecture but really just lots of kids speaking with authority about subjects that they know little about.

Maybe we could allow people under 18 with permission from their parents, that way they would be responsible for what their kid is posting. I wonder what Dudes parents would say if they actually read what he posts on this forum.

btw= The Administrator knows who is old enough because most people voted in that poll.

Also I believe there is a number of members here that contribute information but are uner the require age.

Besides yourself, who?

You are an asset to this forum but who else...Dude? :lol:

Scott said:
You mean before someone made this forum known to SSC, we didn't have so many problems. That site is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Some factual discussion about architecture but really just lots of kids speaking with authority about subjects that they know little about.

Maybe we could allow people under 18 with permission from their parents, that way they would be responsible for what their kid is posting. I wonder what Dudes parents would say if they actually read what he posts on this forum.

btw= The Administrator knows who is old enough because most people voted in that poll.

I don't think anyone should be restricted from the forum, and certainly not because they're a matter of months away from an arbitrarily set age.

Just because you don't like/agree with what I have to say doesn't mean you need to try to restrict me from voicing my opinion. douche.

</angry>

Many of Sister's opinions are puerile and mephitic, but they don't nearly rise to a level where I'd consider censoring them. If you don't like what he says, reply to him, or better yet, don't.

justin

Back