General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

DudeUrSistersHot said:
Scott said:
You mean before someone made this forum known to SSC, we didn't have so many problems. That site is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Some factual discussion about architecture but really just lots of kids speaking with authority about subjects that they know little about.

Maybe we could allow people under 18 with permission from their parents, that way they would be responsible for what their kid is posting. I wonder what Dudes parents would say if they actually read what he posts on this forum.

btw= The Administrator knows who is old enough because most people voted in that poll.

I don't think anyone should be restricted from the forum, and certainly not because they're a matter of months away from an arbitrarily set age.

Just because you don't like/agree with what I have to say doesn't mean you need to try to restrict me from voicing my opinion. douche.

</angry>

I'd tend to agree. If i was 18 I'm sure i'd be aware of and posting on this site. Next thing you know, everyone will be required to present their architects' licenses or resumes deatailing their history with urban planning.

This discussion should be moved to 'General', or to 'Board Issues', and out of the MBTA-specific thread.

Ron Newman said:
This discussion should be moved to 'General', or to 'Board Issues', and out of the MBTA-specific thread.

What would happen if you put a pair of underwear in your sock drawer. Would you lose it?

bosdevelopment said:
What would happen if you put a pair of underwear in your sock drawer. Would you lose it?

Is this what you call a sockular argument?

Does anyone know if the T Riders Union is effective? What about that BadTransit site? Seems like it hasn't been updated in a while? Is there nothing to complain about?

"douche"

HE HE!! You wouldn`t say that to my face, little boy.

Scott said:
"douche"

Aright chief, let's stop clogging up this thread with this shit

Especially since I'm probably bigger and definately smarter than you and could kick your ass

So.... what does everybody think of the Charlie system?
I think it is better than I expected but still not great. People can still cheat the system by doubling up and the doors are too slow to repond when exiting.

1. Dude: Please relax a little bit.

2. I think the Charlie Card system is great in theory. Unfortunately, the MBTA has completely botched its implementation. It's been over a year since the first station (I have my own problems with choosing Airport as the first station, since I and many tourists were tricked into buying a charlie card, which turned out to be useless pretty much everywhere on the T) opened and the machines aren't installed in probably half the stations in the system. It makes for some pretty depressing people watching when I see folks at a non-charlie card station trying to divine how to get on the T with their charlie card with absolutely zero help from the T people in the booth. If the T knew about how long it would take to install the new turnstiles, there should at least be a swiper in the booth for people who have charlie cards.

I think the Charlie System will be great once all of the kinks are worked out. Also, don't forget, most long time T users have been either dropping a token in the slot or swiping the T pass for many, many, many years. So, I'm sure there will be a huge learning curve, especially for the old timers.

I think it is great but extremely wasteful. Those single tickets can be recyclable but they did not implement the use of a device to do so. I'm going to use Hong Kong again because they recycle their tickets. The single tickets in HK must be kept because they are also consider as 'exit fare' and you cannot leave the station without it (better keep it in a safe place). However, this recycles the use of the ticket as it will be collected and be used once again.

Using tickets to exit the station is a great idea and will cut down on the freeloaders who try to get in.

The Paris Metro does not withhold your ticket when the value has been depleted - FYI.

DudeUrSistersHot said:
Scott said:
"douche"

Especially since I'm probably bigger and definitely smarter than you and could kick your ass

Does Dude`s mommy know he`s an Internet tough guy? How bout Da-da? Does he know how tough his big boy is now when he's slipping into his parents room at night when he's scared of the thunder?

Don't bite off more than you can chew big boy. I know 5 year olds who are more worldly than you.

I wonder if they can adjust the sensor on the exit side so the gates open a second or two sooner so people don't have to break their stride walking out of the station.

I love how the MBTA board always seems to get derailed. After many starts and stops, let's get back on track. I want to put the brakes on this runaway conversation.

Dude, come back over. You're on the wrong side of the tracks.

Oh boy, after days of no posts everyone suddenly wants to talk about Charlie Cards.

Well you know my bitches about the T... everything for the students from friggin NYC and nothing for the people in the neighborhoods who actually pay the bills.

Lovely unused stations on the Silver Line but no money for the Fairmont or public art on the Ashmont Line and an ugly new Ashmont Station that is inappropriate to an inter modal station with 20,000 daily riders in New England weather.

I wonder how the Green Line extension will fare? Considering how well the stations on that end of the Red Line did, I bet they will have a big fat budgets for all the niceties.

Scott said:
DudeUrSistersHot said:
Scott said:
"douche"

Especially since I'm probably bigger and definitely smarter than you and could kick your ass

Does Dude`s mommy know he`s an Internet tough guy? How bout Da-da? Does he know how tough his big boy is now when he's slipping into his parents room at night when he's scared of the thunder?

Don't bite off more than you can chew big boy. I know 5 year olds who are more worldly than you.

what would you do - challenge a teenager to a fight?

charlie cards are worthless - it should be a token based system - how it was for many years.

Back