General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

I’m concerned about the North Station substation noted on the diagram above. Depending upon where the isolation breaks (forget the correct term) are from Science Park to GC (including the yard), that makes it hard to use the NS yard to manage turn backs for the GLX when there is work in the core.
Double post to add the following diagram that shows track and power segments between Kenmore and the NS Portal. I'm pretty good at digging stuff like this up, but I'm not entirely sure the T meant it to be publicly accessible.

1720035735765.png

Double post to add the following diagram that shows track and power segments between Kenmore and the NS Portal. I'm pretty good at digging stuff like this up, but I'm not entirely sure the T meant it to be publicly accessible.

View attachment 52320
That diagram is exactly what I wanted to find. The turn back is a separate power section from the tracks to NS, so it should be possible to keep them powered.
Thus being able to turn trains at Science Park

They have turned trains at East Somerville once for an emergency shutdown and it worked just fine.
I'm not sure an emergency shutdown is proof that it works well. I'd be especially concerned with the long distance to the street for the forced transfer.

• B Branch stations are estimated to start construction in fall 2025, and C Branch stations estimated to finish construction in fall 2026. I have no clue why they framed it that way.
One thing I just noticed about this - unlike previous updates, Blandford, Griggs, Allston, and Warren are listed as being planned for accessibility renovations. They're listed under the same entry as the other B Branch stations, though presumably they're not as far along in design.

Back