Goodwin Procter HQ @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave - Parcel I | Seaport

Re: Goodwin Procter HQ (Parcel C) @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave | Seaport

^ it has changed slightly since then......

they basicly got rid of the bottom floors bumping out.

It also looks like they may have eliminated some sort of recessed exterior area on the street level of Northern Ave (to the right of the "Office Lobby"). The original renderings had that area slotted for "Retail", but I'd love to see a second restaurant space there instead that is able to leverage the wide sidewalks of Northern Ave and bring some human scale and activity to the street level.

All the outdoor restaurant seating along Northern Ave seems to be on the southern side of Northern Ave, and as a result is in constant shade...which works fine on oppressively hot summer days, but isn't very inviting once the temps dip below 75.

Re: Goodwin Procter HQ (Parcel I) @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave | Seaport

A bit off topic -- But yesterday I was meeting with a plastics fabricator down on B St. and on the way home I drove through the area below [West?] of the BCEC -- while there is a lot of development underway on various scales -- there is still an enormous amount of under developed land in the A - D Streets behind the BCEC

Saw that it was fenced up over the weekend and wasn't sure if just temporary. Looks like they are really getting going on GP building though. Great news!

Haven't heard any news on Parcel H. Maybe it will be used as staging ground for Parcel I...

Official Groundbeaking is today. Some of the partners are heading over this morning for it.

VmbwIVd.jpg

Well that's sterile.

Can you feel the Innovation?

At least everyone's driving nice cars

Can you feel the Innovation?

Ohhhh yes I can!

41dn.png

Somehow I can't even see Houston wanting this one. And poor, poor ICA...the lawyers hath no mercy.

I feel like glass is going to be to this generation of development what concrete & aggregate panels were to previous generations (ie. city hall, 225 Franklin, Sullivan courthouse, and 1 P.O.)

If they took the section of the building that is set back near the top and sticks out from the back, and added some composite metal panels with some COLOR it would look 100x better, even if you left the front all glass.

41dn.png

That entrance is also incredibly unimaginative. You know, they could still have all glass if they just did something interesting with it. Look at the wavy glass panels that come down the front of One57 in NYC. I know right angles are cheaper to build, but we deserve better than this.

Also, please tell me there is some kind of ground level retail on this, because I don't see anything in the renderings.

Yeah. The Goodwin Procter gift shop....

Is that last pic the latest rendering? If so, I'm just glad that they decided to put the groundlevel space back on the side to at least give the building some more dimension.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2014/03/fallon-breaks-ground-on-95m-office-tower.html

The article says this building will have 15,000 sq ft of ground floor retail space which, for an office building, seems a generous amount And frankly, I'm happy to see Joe Fallon using more glass in his buildings, a huge improvement over his Park Lane Apartments. With all the views of the city and harbor, I'm surprised that the Waterside Place and the Pier 4 residential buildings didn't use more glass to take advantage of those views! I like lots of glass and like this building! Nice addition to the waterfront.

Last edited:

Back