Goodwin Procter HQ @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave - Parcel I | Seaport

Batterymarch

Reaction score
does anyone know if construction has commenced on the building to be occupied by the law firm Goodwin Procter?

Re: Fan Pier

No, GP has not even fully decided if they are leaving 53 Exchange.

Its been publicly disclosed and the people who work at GP were told they are moving to the Seaport. What hasn't been decided?

No, GP has not even fully decided if they are leaving 53 Exchange.

Goodwin Procter signed a letter of intent to lease 360,000 square feet in an office building to be built next to the Institute of Contemporary Art in an area of the South Boston waterfront that Mayor Thomas Menino has dubbed the Innovation District. Goodwin Procter would move more than 860 attorneys and support staffers to the new building, which would also include a 135-room hotel and retail space.

Goodwin Procter, the Hub’s second largest law firm, is housed at 415,000 square feet of office space on 14 floors at 53 State St., a building owned by UBS. That lease is set to expire in 2016. The new building on Fan Pier would be similar in size.

www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2012/12/19/death-toll-marches-firms-flee-financial-district/

Yep , saw that way back in day there, thanks. I'm relaying what a senior partner/friend told me when I asked about the plans for the new HQ.

And it doesn't take a GP employee to know that a letter of intent is in no way a binding contract.

Nonetheless, I am eager for this to happen too.

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Link to download the document with renderings for Parcel C, the condo building currently under construction - http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...1-08-2013-bcdc-presentation-fan-pier-parcel-c

Link to download the document with renderings for Parcel I, the parcel behind the ICA - http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...6-04-2013-bcdc-presentation-fan-pier-parcel-1

Extracted images from the second document for Parcel I:

Re: Twenty Two Liberty @ Fan Pier | 22 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Re: Goodwin Proctor and Parcel I.

This week's BBJ interviewed a CRE broker whose deals to date included signing GP to Fan Pier. But we've seen some posts here saying GP has not "approved" the move or something along those lines. Would (or could) Fallon build Parcel I on spec?

BBJ isn't gospel, but they probably wouldn't keep touting a deal that rests on an unsigned lease right? The Globe reported in December 2012 that the deal was done.

So is the confusion just here on ArchBoston or does someone actually have knowledge that BBJ, the CRE broker they interviewed and the Globe does not?

Anyway, that Fallon disclosed renderings of both 22 Liberty and Parcel I in June tends to indicate that these buildings are moving forward together. Obviously 22 Liberty has started. Any word on when Parcel I breaks ground?

EDIT: GP signed an LOI in December 2012.

Good news. I found out today that the the design is currently underway, and GP is planning to be in their new HQ in summer of 2016. That means we should see a design very soon.

Poor street interaction. Hopefully its better and the BRA actually pushes it to be so. The glass is fine.

I like the white Lambo in the foreground- which one of the partners has that?

Disappointing and really uninteresting. Skewed perspective completely underplays how cubelike and monolithic this is going to be.

Disappointing and really uninteresting. Skewed perspective completely underplays how cubelike and monolithic this is going to be.

It looks like it was designed by lawyers.

^ Agreed...best we can hope for is that the glass is extra purdy.

That ain't no Lambo! It's an Audi R8.

I would be more excited if GP hadn't said that their new building was going to be bold and iconic.

Poor street interaction. Hopefully its better and the BRA actually pushes it to be so. The glass is fine.

Especially since the streetfronts for this building lead into the ICA. Probably the best foot traffic in the entire Fan Pier development (outside of the Harborwalk), and they're going with lobby glass? How about some space for high-end galleries to cater to art lovers, or a high-end cafe or two?

Frankly, at this point developers should need a special waiver from the BRA to not have ground-floor retail in any development in the FD, Back Bay or SPID.

Re: Goodwin Procter HQ (Parcel C) @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave | Seaport

^ it has changed slightly since then......

It was this:
yDIzpYk.png

It is now this:
GPRendering.png

they basicly got rid of the bottom floors bumping out.

Especially since the streetfronts for this building lead into the ICA. Probably the best foot traffic in the entire Fan Pier development (outside of the Harborwalk), and they're going with lobby glass? How about some space for high-end galleries to cater to art lovers, or a high-end cafe or two?

Frankly, at this point developers should need a special waiver from the BRA to not have ground-floor retail in any development in the FD, Back Bay or SPID.

The B & T article said the ground floor was going to have retail and "cultural space." Am I missing something?

Frankly, I wonder if Fallon got lots of hell after building his Park Lane complex which I think if one of the most unattractive group of buildings in the Seaport. I think he also built the Marriott Renaissance Hotel next door as well, which is a bust. I didn't have high hopes for Fan Pier but I've been pleasantly surprised with how much of an improvement his newer buildings have been. I do like 11 Fan Pier Blvd, 50 Northern Ave., and really love 22 Liberty, his new condo building. This glass cube, I like! He actually does glass pretty well. Just my own opinion but I have a feeling that when Joe looks at his Park Lane apartments he wonders what the hell he was thinking when he approved it's design.

Just fyi, this is not Fan Pier Parcel C (as the thread title states). That would be 22 Liberty.

Back