GrandMarc Residence Hall (YMCA) @ Northeastern U | 291 St. Botolph Street | Fenway

Re: YMCA/ Northeastern Dorm (formerly GrandMarc at St. Botolph)

A few more beams up today:

3rd floor
From yesterday

Wow, 3rd floor already? I wonder if this thing will open before the Berklee dorm.

Wow, 3rd floor already? I wonder if this thing will open before the Berklee dorm.

Steel goes fast ... it will always take 18-24 months to build and finish.

cca

That still does not mean that this will not finish ahead of the Berklee dorm. :p

Steel goes fast ... it will always take 18-24 months to build and finish.

cca

In my experience, NU's pretty damn good at getting stuff built relatively quickly.

Wow! This is going up fast. Looks like this is almost poking above the YMCA already- it probably will be by the time I move in.

I'm living closer to this project this year so I'll have more updates for you all.

Up to the eighth floor; about halfway complete. I can see beams sticking up over the Y when I walk down St. Stephen Street.

Tuesday:

9677733650_1b531785ca_b.jpg

Oh, no. NO! Suddenly I fear my unobstructed view of the YMCA sign from my South End home will be lost.

HATE

^^^ Look at all those moving vans. The first couple of days in September are by far the worst days to be in Boston. Do not miss.

Yep, and at that very moment I was one of those people moving! Had just picked up the keys to my new place.

Yep, and at that very moment I was one of those people moving! Had just picked up the keys to my new place.

Congratulations! Sorry I wasn't much help finding you a place... I just switched into more of a property management role at work.

Downburst, BeeLine, and Kz--thank you all for the photos of this project. I endured so many community meetings of NIMBY's and "Save the Y" folks bitching, moaning, and groaning about this project that it is so relieving to watch it actually getting built.

^^^I wonder whatever became of "joegenius".

Congratulations! Sorry I wasn't much help finding you a place... I just switched into more of a property management role at work.

No worries. I landed my place no more than a week after we conversed, so I was able to put all that stuff aside pretty quickly. And so far so good...it's odd but awesome having the city right outside my front door instead of being marooned out in sleepytown.

9704371559_13317e8844_b.jpg

9704366789_3bf56f9f58_b.jpg

9704363199_9eb5ffef60_b.jpg

9704356999_517b39f414_b.jpg

I just started at Northeastern. Is the plan for this still to be a dorm building for multiple universities, or has that plan been scrapped?

Aren't the parties involved in the class action lawsuit utilizing settlement funds to establish an endowment for the YMCA? Or did they take the money and run after their fellow protestors outlived their usefulness?

Yep, they took the money.

Back