Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

Magoun Square station from Warwick Street emergency egress point. They have created an alley for the egress to the street. Is the larger empty space slated for private development?
2BDA5C64-E040-4688-8FAD-5AB45CF20074.jpeg

I'm willing to withhold judgement until Philip Eng has a few months to clean house and change some of the Governor StudeBaker culture over there. Godspeed, Philip.
Definitely a philosophical shift in the executive branch. But the real power in MA is in the Great and General Court, and no shift of philosophy there.

It's a little odd how Ball Square has both bike racks and a pedal-park facility, I feel like the bike racks are the perfect location for a BlueBikes stand.

It's a little odd how Ball Square has both bike racks and a pedal-park facility, I feel like the bike racks are the perfect location for a BlueBikes stand.
The bike racks are for casual users. You can't use the pedal-park without a registered Charlie Card, so there needs to be something for people without that.

Sorry if this was discussed earlier - but any updates/news on opening of the community path? Are segments of it already bikeable (even if not technically open)?

I'm willing to withhold judgement until Philip Eng has a few months to clean house and change some of the Governor StudeBaker culture over there. Godspeed, Philip.
What’s wrong with Studebakers? My dad has an Avanti!

Studebakers were awesome. How can you NOT love this:

deliveryService

Nothing wrong with Studebakers.

They are CARS. That's the point. If Charlie's last name was Merced, I would call him Governor MercedES........

He was roads/automobile-centric....THAT was the point. He could not give a shit about public transportation.

Magoun Sq. Outbound is +20 mins. I watch an elderly lady bulk to once she saw it. Fortunately I’m going in but going home might be a trip.

I have heard the mbta not able to give accurate gauges for inbound trains from terminal and near terminal stations, but.. yeah
E360DC4B-065C-478F-860A-F52CD937614E.jpeg

Can confirm Sat outbound 20+ headways. Stacked train was one min behind (at E. Somerville).

Also, had a Medford/Tufts labeled train headed outbound make an unannounced change to Union bound - dumped 50+ pax to double back. (edited to include)

Last edited:
There should be a countdown board at the station entrances so folks don’t have to go all the way down to the platform to see there’s a 20min wait.

I thought that maybe there were some of those upstairs to let commuters know that. Shame on you, MBTA! You've missed an important step. (n)

Ideally this should apply to all rapid transit stations. Even showing arrival times at the station concourse would have been much better.
I thought the T had a project to deploy this? They piloted some decent annunciator boards at Tufts Medical Center outside the two entrances, with information about Orange and Silver Line plus buses. Advertising supported. Seem to have stopped there.

I thought the T had a project to deploy this? They piloted some decent annunciator boards at Tufts Medical Center outside the two entrances, with information about Orange and Silver Line plus buses. Advertising supported. Seem to have stopped there.
This has been at Reservoir for at least 2 years and has never actually displayed any information. It’s only off or frozen on the logo.
867950DB-2A41-46D6-A420-B4589F0F4FAE.jpeg

Back