Green Line Extension to Medford & Union Sq

I believe that truss is temporary for pedestrians/students while construction is going on

I don't mean the utility & pedestrian bridge; the easternmost lane is blocked off and there's a big truss sitting there.

Lechmere Station Area
IMG_1545 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1548 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1556 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1553 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1554 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1557 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Looking South
IMG_1559 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Looking North
IMG_1560 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Intersection of old and new.
IMG_1561 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Moving North along the western side of the site.
IMG_1562 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1591 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1563 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1564 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1569 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1567 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1570 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Last edited:
Maaan I love seeing some new elevated viaducts in Boston. As useful and necessary as subways are... they absolutely suck for passengers whod like to look out the window vs look at their phone. Cant wait to see the views from these. The views from the new Lechmere station should be amazing and its probably going to become a new iconic location for taking pictures of the city.

Interesting how the viaduct has separate piers for the track beams and the platform beams, at least at the eastern end. It also looks like the platform beams are bigger, which is kind of surprising.

I don't mean the utility & pedestrian bridge; the easternmost lane is blocked off and there's a big truss sitting there.

That truss carried Verizon cables for a while. I think it was due to some issue with the ductbank in the bridge.

Ball square
EA55A4BE-2C14-49A3-BB74-8FEA1689979F.jpeg
688415EC-B4EA-4760-BE2F-B874DF5F9232.jpeg
23E6D3F4-D347-4C78-A30D-AA910BF4082D.jpeg
51773520-9A14-4EFD-82D7-27A8AF3DDD3F.jpeg
4104E57C-1908-4129-BA74-4B737671FC39.jpeg

Lechmere Station Area
IMG_1545 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1548 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1556 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1553 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1554 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1557 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Looking South
IMG_1559 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Looking North
IMG_1560 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Intersection of old and new.
IMG_1561 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Moving North along the western side of the site.
IMG_1562 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1591 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1563 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1564 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1569 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1567 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1570 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Beeline -- as usual -- Great update pix
Looks as if Lechmere just needs to be connected to the old viaduct and then some finish work [of course the old Devil in the details] Great
I hope to check it out this Sunday on my way home from the MOS -- Global Pandemic permitting of course :geek:

Beeline -- as usual -- Great update pix
Looks as if Lechmere just needs to be connected to the old viaduct and then some finish work [of course the old Devil in the details] Great
I hope to check it out this Sunday on my way home from the MOS -- Global Pandemic permitting of course :geek:
I think the old viaduct is being torn down right back to the MBTA dam viaduct project.

Every T public meeting on the schedule has been cancelled a week out. Rest of the month's events slate likely to get axed by next week.

I think the old viaduct is being torn down right back to the MBTA dam viaduct project.
Ruairi -- by looking at the documents from the meeting -- The dividing line between tear it down and fix-it
All of the Roman-style Concrete Viaduct will stay -- and be refurbished
All of the "Old-Elevated-style" steel viaduct and connecting ramp to old Lechmere -- Sayōnara!

F-Line do you know if Mayor Walsh's ban on construction applies to the T Projects which have a footprint inside of the Boston City Limits?

Back