Greenway Residential Building | 55 India Street | Downtown

.....and perhaps a "Statement Building" right on the Greenway

We're getting that.
Don Chiofaro is on Line 2.

....the City lot right against the North End -- that lot [about an acre] should be developed into a small group of buildings [lower toward the North End].....
The nimby barbarians sacked Starbucks, and that pretty much ended it.

Public Comments end today. Renders from the Feb 5 meeting.

1581364924436.png
1581364956379.png
1581364994532.png
1581365056976.png

44 units reduced to 29, but the building is the same size?
Also the proposed restaurant space is halved?

Lately, I have been trying to stimulate conversation with my opinions on this site. This thing is boring as fuck. Can anybody here tell me why this is allowed to happen? (looking at you city hall). No no, spare me the lectures. This thing is just a, I don't have my architectural metaphors handy regarding very large stale pieces of shit.

They ought to add verdigris to their palette, as an accent color, to complement the copper of The Boulevard.

Lately, I have been trying to stimulate conversation with my opinions on this site. This thing is boring as fuck. Can anybody here tell me why this is allowed to happen? (looking at you city hall). No no, spare me the lectures. This thing is just a, I don't have my architectural metaphors handy regarding very large stale pieces of shit.

Wigh nailed it, its on purpose. The point is to fade into anonymity the day its completed.

I understand that this is a part of the custom house district and therefore is the way it is. This building doesn't look like it belongs, however, and so that whole thing about architectural continuity goes out the window even though the height and color match. I wish the idea of the district had included the notion of unique design, per the idea that the Flower and Grain building and the Custom House building are completely dissimilar in every way. I am happy that they got rid of the brick though.

I understand that this is a part of the custom house district and therefore is the way it is. This building doesn't look like it belongs, however, and so that whole thing about architectural continuity goes out the window even though the height and color match. I wish the idea of the district had included the notion of unique design, per the idea that the Flower and Grain building and the Custom House building are completely dissimilar in every way. I am happy that they got rid of the brick though.
Cortes -- there are three major buildings in that immediate area that you have to make sure you don't mess with their site lines or getting your building noticed in their "selfies"
  1. The Customs House itself
  2. The Flour and Grain building
  3. and Gridley J Fox Bryant's State Street Block aka One McKinley Square

The 2nd one is much better. I'm so sick of brick everywhere.

View attachment 20520
The site has been blocked off with Jersey barriers with Lee Kennedy construction on them.
I'm sure others have had this criticism - but why these stubby 12 story buildings? This should be prime frontage for 20-28 stories of modern residential with water views and a showcase of how much potential this area has. Am I missing something?

I'm sure others have had this criticism - but why these stubby 12 story buildings? This should be prime frontage for 20-28 stories of modern residential with water views and a showcase of how much potential this area has. Am I missing something?

It would cause shadows on Atlantic ave. The horror! 😦

anyone know if the building across the street is sold out ? I’m thinking not even close. Ultra high price tags for a fringe location. Better than a parking lot I guess.

Shadow studies.

Demand. The developer’s risk tolerance.

anyone know if the building across the street is sold out ? I’m thinking not even close. Ultra high price tags for a fringe location. Better than a parking lot I guess.

22/36. In three years.

The building across the street is an absolute stinker. It's been done for years now and the ground floor space has never been anything but vacant.

The previous bars + outdoor patio were a much better use of that real estate.

Back