Harbor Garage Redevelopment Pontificating | Waterfront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A thread for folks obsessed with the Habor Garage but have no new information to

This is exactly why the thread should not be reopened.
f7FdEdG.jpg

Re: What's Happening With Project X?

I'm out from the opium tent. Today's smokeup on the 5th floor was positive and visionary, but the meeting was hijacked and turned into a utopian love in between the HT residents and the Aquarium staffers. Far more of a distraction than any type of preparation for forward, decisive action.

At some point we're gonna have to shift the conversation to real numbers, and let the grownups play too. When the 900,000 officially comes down, it will set the project back another year or two proving they can't get the financing.

i aired some of the obvious stuff, and some very smart men and women also let it be known all this visionary crap isn't really helping, progress is too slow, and the cycle is running its course.

The realization of a single tower site plan that keeps Long Wharf out of the shade, will result in the Aquarium staying all in. Hell, we already got them. There was not a single mention of fish dying, or mass extinctions.

In the end, they'll have to inflate it back up to reality. But before then, we'd probably be well closer to the final site plan. But, the Aquarium people will be well on board by such time. As they will see so much potential.

As the tower rises, they still won't get to buy the islands or the new building additions, but they'll see such a vision taking a huge leap forward.

More money will have to come from elsewhere, but an ironed out site plan could be a start.

i'm glad everything was friendly, but the HT residents are going to be a train wreck all the way to the end. Their fierce presence is very unsettling... They make the West Enders look tame.

Today's entire affair could just as well be categorized as HT filibustering and trolling.... The HT residents' goal to simply run out the clock, may alone, be enough. It's worked before.

Re: A thread for folks obsessed with the Habor Garage but have no new information to

Thread should be renamed since there is new news but no place to discuss.

Since this has been regulated to a derogatory thread time to be the height fanatic that everyone hates, a 1,000 ft tall tower would be amazing here!!! Fuck the Harbor Tower residents.

Don Chiofaro made a cordial, and engaging public statement at this evening's Downtown Waterfront Planning meeting. Don gave thanks to his supporters and critics, etc......... and received a warm applause.

Not sure how it's legal to be a Non-profit foundation then divert that money into idealism for your own personal needs.
This should be against the law. Using non-profit money for politics and media.
This is not using your money for the good of the public. Your using it for a personal agenda.

If Chap 91 really has substance on the waterfront: Then how did Harbor Garage get built in the first place along with the IMAX?
Chiofaro/Pru own a standing garage which is trying to rectfy what the city & state allowed to be built in the first place.

They are not the enemy here for the public. The people against the project are.

I think their argument is that the development would interfere with their ability to educate the public about marine life and education is a public good.

I think their argument is that the development would interfere with their ability to educate the public about marine life and education is a public good.

Like I said Chap 91 really has no substance on this location.

It would be one thing if this was a parking lot. But the city and state have already screwed up so bad on this location and bypassed Chap 91 law allowing complete garbage to be built for the public that blocks the entire area from the waterfront access.

Chiofaro/Pru at this point are getting screwed with this entire process where it's becoming criminal.

Finally, realizing the taller this goes, the better the ground level will be... coming to the realization that the Aquarium is solidifying their position to get behind it... and the realization that City Hall's reluctance to a 600' tower plan has vanished – the HT nimby took a gander at a sample site plan showing a 600' tower at about 50% lot coverage. And to their suprise, they realized, "this isn't so bad."

BRA: "We'll work with the developer to get it done...."

^So basically no new news.

Heard a RUMOR from a lawyer today that APPLE was in talks of being an Anchor Tenant for this as a re-location for a 2nd headquarters located in Boston.

Apple looking to maintain a presence in Boston because of the talent pool around the area. And they gave one look at the Greenway and Aquarium area and they loved Chiofaro/Prudential Vision for the area.

Just a rumor I heard not sure if it has any substance especially without any approvals for the site.

Last edited:
Thank you. That would be epic. There are people in the community who refused to give up on this project and took an asston of shit for it. Eventually the sides were persuaded to come together because of people like you who gave a rats ass, and believed.

Thank you. That would be epic. There are people in the community who refused to give up on this project and took an asston of shit for it. Eventually the sides were persuaded to come together because of people like you who gave a rats ass, and believed.

Taking it for what its worth just some rumor. The lawyer was telling me Apple rep likes the concept of being located on the GREENWAY. Take a bite out of the Green Apple Tower.

I'm sure Apple is just talk and noise concerning the redevelopment. But it was interesting to hear ideas flowing around the city.

Do you think it likely the Chifofaro Co + Pru have been talking with potential anchor tenants?

Do you think it likely the Chifofaro Co has been talking with potential anchor tenants?

No clue--I just heard that from a lawyer friend (The Apple rumor)-But if this gets through the approval process Chiofaro won't have a problem finding an anchor tenant for this location no matter what the market conditions look like.

Best location in the city in my opinion. That is why Billionaire non-profit companies are trying to stop him.

They've been in talks with potential anchor tenants for some time.

Doesn't seem very likely to me. Apple doesn't go around filling skyscrapers with office workers anywhere, let alone in Boston. They only have a few dozen desks in Kendall as it is. Why would they suddenly need space for thousands of employees (presumably that many since we are talking "anchor tenant" not 1-2 floors) in downtown Boston? They are currently building a whole new office park campus in Cupertino for 12,000 employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back