Harrison Ave Hotel | 15 Harrison Avenue | Chinatown

126 rooms plus 6 suites = 132 rooms, *26 stories .. so, 5 units per floor?

That doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Even on a small footprint.

I've been in a hotel where there were only four rooms per floor, in NYC so it's not unheard of.

Makes sense. The lot is 3400 sf. 400 sf for a standard room plus elevators, stairs & whatever hallway space.

I guess my point was how to build 26 stories economically but you guys have it all figured out, thanks.

Put me in the `it's so corny and bad it's awesome` crowd and I like that it plays to its surroundings. And yes I'm dead serious

If it were a week from today I'd call this entire thread an elaborate archboston hoax. What money is behind this project? Who would pony up to build something so stupid looking? At the same time, I really want this to happen. Would make the kensington thread look like bean bag.

I just whipped this up in probably 2 minutes and 30 seconds which is pretty evident...but maybe some cross bracing like a lot of chinese towers have, some dark glass, and a bronze roof?

Stuck to the same general shape of the tower...idk it still sucks but at least its interesting.

Pagoda Crown?

Pagoda the whole shit?

The last one looks a little too similar to taipei 101, without the height or impressively large internal ball for earthquake stability.

The good news is that this fire trap of a flop house will be demolished. The bad news is that it should be housing.

https://flic.kr/p/FyFrt5

Note that if this thing is 26 floors the views of 90+ percent of those balconies will be blocked.

The good news is that this fire trap of a flop house will be demolished. The bad news is that it should be housing.

https://flic.kr/p/FyFrt5

Note that if this thing is 26 floors the views of 90+ percent of those balconies will be blocked.

No doubt that's true, but, my anecdotal experience is that the overwhelming majority of the apartment tenants at 660 Wash. are very young foreign students who are presumably the offspring of quite affluent parents. Their so-called "stake in the neighborhood" is pretty limited to nonexistent, I'm guessing. Would the building management try to rally them to fight this? Of course, building management can fight it on their own, but it would be very different if their 400 tenants were longtime condo owners with significant political ties/influence (like at, say, the Ritz towers across the street...)

Back