Hilton Garden Inn | 700 Brookline Ave | Brookline

A couple from the 7th

49875527841_a0b93c84e1_b.jpg

49875836652_be36fe6e64_b.jpg

There's still a defective-tinted glass panel along the NE side of the facade.... almost smack dab in the middle. You can see it in the 3rd photo, 5th floor.

It's been that way since spring. I wonder if they'll ever replace it...

I don't like it. Facade is sterile and featureless. The ground floor looks more suited for a bank than a hotel... totally pedestrian unfriendly vibes all around.

In person I think it looks pretty good, especially with the new development across the street. The glass is probably some of the highest quality in the whole city. It really creates a sense of place making vs the empty lots before. Its now like a gateway into longwood.

I think 10 years from now it will fit in a lot better than it does now...once the remaining single story automotive buildings and vet are all redeveloped. The hotel developer owns a number of the abutting parcels which are all zoned for 8 stories of multifamily, hence the party wall in the last picture.

Also I suggest everyone try the restaurant in the hotel. It is operated by the same group that runs La Morra up the street and Heritage in Sherborn

Back