Home for Little Wanderers | 161 South Huntington Ave | Jamaica Plain

If they're outside the foundation walls, I'd guess a retention pit for stormwater.

Despite living so close Im hardly ever on S Huntington. Saw this other day, no time for a pic (and dont have a hosting site anyway to share) but man, this SUCKS. As the renders show, this thing is so far back it's not even really on S Huntington. Awful, awful design. Plus, it's going to look like total shit from the Riverway, on what used to be a nice quiet stretch without buildings...

Thanx for the pix Beeline. To me, this looks a bit closer to S.,Huntington than the HLW, and I assume the bottom pix were from the Jamaicaway looking up. If so, from Google maps, also looks a bit closer to to the Jamaicaway, but not as close as its neighbors, particularly Sherill House to the immediate east.

Thanx for the pix Beeline. To me, this looks a bit closer to S.,Huntington than the HLW, and I assume the bottom pix were from the Jamaicaway looking up. If so, from Google maps, also looks a bit closer to to the Jamaicaway, but not as close as its neighbors, particularly Sherill House to the immediate east.

Those pictures do this more justice than what I saw riding by the other day... The HLW was further back but there were a lot of trees scattered around the buffer and parking lots, so it was not anywhere near as bare as this is. Also, it just FEELS too short on S Huntington.

15909643852_b88f625235_b.jpg

15724250239_f1965f115b_b.jpg

15288032584_d29b342613_b.jpg

my major issues with this project are
1. it's too far from s huntington, and
2. that it's way too visible from the riverway. that whole stretch is so secluded (even with the crazy traffic, the buildings on s huntington all had their backs turned on the riverway, and there was a lot of vegetation that screened them, making it feel like a forgotten space when you walked on the nice wide sidewalk (which has been missing a whole square of cement for i dont know how long - probably 20 years, thx mdc->dcr). the developers here, like the developers of whatever the project was ten years ago or so that built some new housing closer to bynner, hacked out every tree and shrub except what they were legally bound to leave as a pathetic little strip of parkway buffer. and sadly, this building will have a riverway entrance, i believe.

it would have been better to double the height, push it right to the sidewalk of s huntington, and leave the backyard alone as it was. the riverway seems secluded, but most of the "park" is private property, and the days of greenery on the hillside are numbered...

I agree. It has "get it done" written all over it.

cca

lintels, sills or simple trim around the windows could have gone a long way in helping the exterior

Back