Hood Business Park | 480-570 Rutherford Avenue | Charlestown

That’s officially the ugliest new building in all of Boston.

I don't really say this much ... but why is that building so short? It looks very awkward... if it was about 5 floors taller and a bit less wide it would probably be much more attractive. It reminds me of that wicked ugly MIT Dorm building going up right now (The one that is like 5 floors tall and 5 miles long)

Its worse than ugly. That would be a bold statement. This is a collage of blah tropes. Way more infuriating.

cca

Boston has an uncanny way of making its most ugly buildings also the most visible. Parkway on one side and I-93 on the other.

Love a building trying to conceal its ugliness by blending into the winter sky.

Directly next to Hood Park, in between it and the Sullivan Station, the bus storage/maintenance yard is being bulldozed. It's a prime development space... being turned into a remote parking lot for Cambridge Crossing?

"The letter of intent with Sanofi to lease the space for 10 years to create satellite parking at the Sullivan Square location that would be operational Monday through Friday only. It would start on Sepember 2020. The 431 cars would park at the lot, and then six to 10, 24-person, shuttles would ferret the Sanofi workers to Cambridge Crossing."

Wish we could get drone perspectives on so many of these sprawl sites.

Directly next to Hood Park, in between it and the Sullivan Station, the bus storage/maintenance yard is being bulldozed. It's a prime development space... being turned into a remote parking lot for Cambridge Crossing?

"The letter of intent with Sanofi to lease the space for 10 years to create satellite parking at the Sullivan Square location that would be operational Monday through Friday only. It would start on Sepember 2020. The 431 cars would park at the lot, and then six to 10, 24-person, shuttles would ferret the Sanofi workers to Cambridge Crossing."

wow, surface parking for 430 cars with a ferry to Cambridge crossing? Keeping that site a surface lot for the next 13 years, trying to get that much extra cars back on 93 between 3.30 and 6.30. This all seems daft.
I gave @tangent a hard time about a lot for T commuters but that sounds like a much better option than this. I guess Sullivan is just going to remain a wasteland for the foreseeable future :(

#needs a drone sortie:
Thanks for the nice aerial!
Kind of sad sprawl, imo. Nimby interference was minimal here.

Back