Hyatt Place/Ora Seaport (née Parcel K) | 315 Northern Avenue | Seaport

I kinda like the two buildings enclosing the carport / loading area, and the second level outdoor area - has a sort of vaguely midcentury, and warm weather locale vibe to it.

I guess it's really happening... the parking lot entrances were barricaded yesterday.

Im surprised there hasn't been any proposal for the parking lot between this and the Hancock building yet.

Hmm. Well what's been the plan for this? The parcels appear to be owned by the Commonwealth and not MassPort, not that it makes that much difference in the end, right?

I've never heard of anything proposed for here.

Im surprised there hasn't been any proposal for the parking lot between this and the Hancock building yet.

Scroll down to #131, 132......
http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?p=296060

Project Summary Sheet;
(last update 05/Dec 2017)

approved, +/- construction, topped, +/- cladding or completed;
*(year = year project completed, construction = under construction).

black ink denotes not yet u/c.....

1. 1 Dalton Street/Four Seasons/Back Bay 61 stories 742' (20th level)

2. 111 Federal Street/Downtown 52 Stories 702' (site demo underway).

3. Millennium Tower/Downtown Crossing 60 stories 685' (2016)

4. South Station Tower; 51 stories 677' (construction 2018)

5. Govt Center office tower/Downtown 43 stories + tall mech screen 647' tip (construction 2018)

6. Govt Center residential tower/Downtown 45 stories 547' (construction)

7. TD Garden office tower/West End 525,000 sq ft ~21 stories over the podium ~505' rooftip (delayed/ awaiting tenant).

8. Residential tower on MIT's 10 acre Volpe site 30 stories 500'

9. TD Garden resident tower/West End 45 stories 495' (construction)

10. Garden Garage Tower/West End 44 stories 485' (construction delayed until 2018 or later).....

....131. 315 Northern Ave/Parcel K #1 304 apts/Seaport 12 stories total/1+2: 500,000 sq ft (construction late 2017)

132. 315 Northern Ave/Parcel K #2 hotel/Seaport 293 rooms (construction late 2017)

So this project has taken away 15 angled parking spaces on Northern Ave and prob 5 other spaces on Congress. How can Massport allow them to permanently take down these spaces plus the hundreds of lot spaces and not expect problems in the Spring? 0 public input, Massport.

So this project has taken away 15 angled parking spaces on Northern Ave and prob 5 other spaces on Congress. How can Massport allow them to permanently take down these spaces plus the hundreds of lot spaces and not expect problems in the Spring? 0 public input, Massport.

This project has gone through a typical BPDA review with public meetings and so forth.

That said, I find it hard to learn about project unless I really try to. I'm not sure what the answer is but more communication about meetings would be great. Checking the BPDA website is probably the best way to know what's going on, which is less than idea.

I would expect (hope?) the new "Transportation Center" garage will be functional by the time Seaport wakes up for the season.

Also, here's a progress shot as of last week. Since then they've taken the light posts down. I am "lucky" enough to watch this project develop from my living room window.

(Waiting for someone to come around that corner one night and hit the BLACK jersey barrier).

heres some weird cut out render:

%C2%A9Arrowstreet_ParcelK_Web_010-1400x788.jpg

Back