Hyatt Place/Ora Seaport (née Parcel K) | 315 Northern Avenue | Seaport

Park Lane, for it's location on the Harbor, missed the opportunity for it's residents to have spectacular views. Those corner windows should have been ceiling to wall and even the other windows should have been larger to take advantage of the views. And no balconies, total fail in that regard. At least they have a rooftop deck for the views, definitely a win there for the residents.

You're obviously forgetting about the concessions that had to be made to the Concerned Citizens Against Too Large Windows and Avian Anti-Concussion Society groups to win the proper approvals.... ;) Although I heard the local chapter of Peeping Toms of America made a strong counter-proposal but it wasn't enough.

haha, you can see I'm all about taking full advantage of the views (especially in a highrise, or in this case, a midrise) when there are spectacular views to be had, nothing less than walls of glass for me. CCATLW and AACS be damned! Just an aside, Rover, I'm a charter member of the CEA, better known as the Concerned Exibitionists of America! Bring on the glass! :)

Meh. I meant garbage in terms of exterior materials. and abundance of exposed rooftop mechanicals. I've no doubt the units are just swell. The part the rest of us get to see, is not pretty. I'v always been a fan of LTK, and appreciate the other retail it tried to bring to nowheresville.

Sitting on my lounge chair with packaged rooftops and condensers whirring away behind me is not exactly the height of city living in a new high rise in the newest neighborhood in town.

Hey, I live in Park Lane! I don't think it was originally built to compete in the "luxury" market the Seaport has turned into in the past few years, hence the uninspiring exterior and lack of frivolous amenity spaces. I've seen photos of the interior before they renovated and it looked like a cheap retirement home. That said, I think they've done a decent job of keeping the interior relevant; the lobby and common spaces are very nice, and a lot of the finishes and fixtures in the renovated units are nicer than the stuff I've seen going into similar/newer buildings around here that have clearly been value-engineered to hell and back. We've enjoyed living there, and have floor-to-ceiling views of Southie and now the Parcel K pit (to keep the thread on topic), but when/if they build on Parcel H it may feel a bit too confining to stay... if we haven't been priced out by then anyway.

zKTfV3x.jpg

My pleasure. Thanks for your "Spring cleaning efforts". You got me motivated.

not a problem! i moved from boston to oakland last summer, so in lieu of contributing photos, i try and help from afar

This brings some new build to the end of the "old seaport" which I think is long over due. Looks like a high quality development too.

Man, people don't even get excited about these projects anymore... wait til the next slowdown, I guess.

Great pics, BeeLine!
Man, people don't even get excited about these projects anymore... wait til the next slowdown, I guess.
Agreed. Lots of boring buildings that provide housing/retail/hotel next to transit are the best feature of this cycle.

Back