Hyatt Place/Ora Seaport (née Parcel K) | 315 Northern Avenue | Seaport

This should be flooded in about 3 hours. Already some standing water on Northern Ave.

As of ~11:20am, just after high tide.

25707522407_039c416a7e_b.jpg

Wow! Does the water make it into Legal's and all those restaurants around the corner on Liberty Wharf?

Wow! Does the water make it into Legal's and all those restaurants around the corner on Liberty Wharf?

I don't think they had problems last time this happened. Yankee Lobster definitely looked like it took on some water today though.

No, I had lunch in Tony C's today, all dry, they had sandbags as a precaution but they didn't seem needed.

Park Lane's leasing office and lobby flooded today as well. Parcel K did flood last storm as well.

Off-topic, but One Park Lane (apartment building next door - the sandy colored buildings) doesn't look like it has aged well at all. It's not even that old.

Off-topic, but One Park Lane (apartment building next door - the sandy colored buildings) doesn't look like it has aged well at all. It's not even that old.

There was no way they could age well. They're garbage buildings. They were put up at a time when there was minimal confidence and demand for this area.

This was the building(s) that I think it was papelbon who referred to them as living in Siberia when he had a place there.

They were the first residential buildings (by a suburban developer) located adjacent to a small grouping of office e buildings in the middle of nowhere.

Surround and hide them as best as possible.

I wouldn't say garbage is the right term. Have you actually been inside? The rooms are more spacious than almost any of the new buildings and the roof views are the best unobstructed views of any of the rental buildings...and they won't be losing their views either.

The outside could use a revamp for sure.

The inside is pretty nice, I was in this one and and VIA/Benjamin pretty close together and you can definitely see the differences.... Park Lane is nice but you can definitely tell its 15 years old or whatever it is. Its a good example of what to expect when you buy a shiny new apartment. It wont be so shiny in just a few years when tastes change

You can't buy any of the apartments. I do know that they did/are doing gut and revamps as units turn over. I was in a unit that was gutted upon lease roll and the interior was similar to Pier 4 as far as appliances, flooring and counter tops.

I wouldn't say garbage is the right term. Have you actually been inside? The rooms are more spacious than almost any of the new buildings and the roof views are the best unobstructed views of any of the rental buildings...and they won't be losing their views either.

The outside could use a revamp for sure.

I don't get people's desire for every building to look like the Taj Mahal or some similar quality design. This building isn't fancy and its not offensive. Its just there and sometimes you need that to build much needed housing in a place with sky high land costs and rabid NIMBY's.

Park Lane, for it's location on the Harbor, missed the opportunity for it's residents to have spectacular views. Those corner windows should have been ceiling to wall and even the other windows should have been larger to take advantage of the views. And no balconies, total fail in that regard. At least they have a rooftop deck for the views, definitely a win there for the residents.

Back