Hynes renovation

Prior to 9/11, it was only easy to cut through if the attendants were around the corner sipping out of their flask. I remember watching Billy Bulger walk through, then trying to follow through to the street myself. My ousting and resultant cries of "Attica, Attica, Attica" was all too predictable.

Are they still planning on opening a restaurant on the plaza side if they are constructin 888.

Are they still planning on opening a restaurant on the plaza side if they are constructin 888.

888's plan showed the Hynes restaurant sharing outdoor cafe seating on the 888 plaza.

888 is not under construction now but I wonder how they will operate a restaurant under an active construction site. For that matter parts of the arcade may have to be shut too.

888 is not under construction now but I wonder how they will operate a restaurant under an active construction site. For that matter parts of the arcade may have to be shut too.

The restaurant is under construction, I think that's what jass meant.

Mandarin did fine with their site and major construction. The entrance to the Pru was only closed twice I believe, and that was at night.

Hynes Center signs deal with local restaurateurs
Jenn Abelson / April 4, 2009

Local restaurateurs Patrick Lyons and Jasper White have signed a deal to open a seafood and steak restaurant this year inside the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center in the Back Bay.

The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority said yesterday it is in lease negotiations for a second proposed restaurant to be built at the corner of Boylston and Dalton streets. Both will be part of an $18 million renovation at the Hynes intended to improve public access to the facility and transform it into a modern center in the heart of the Back Bay. It will be the first time restaurants have operated out of the Hynes.

Lyons's and White's restaurant will be located adjacent to the Prudential Center Plaza and designed by Jeffrey Beers International. "Boston has always been a top-tier hub for world-class seafood, and this restaurant will only enhance that tradition for locals as well as the thousands of attendees visiting the Hynes Convention Center each year," James E. Rooney, executive director of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, said in a statement.

Lyons and White have created several popular dining and entertainment venues in the area, including Game On at Fenway Park and Jasper White's Summer Shack seafood restaurants in Boston, Cambridge, and at Mohegan Sun.

Link

img9968d.jpg

What are all the stick figures for? Some sort of temporary exhibit?

The build-out of the retail spaces in front of the Hynes Convention Center continues.

Scheduled to go before the ZBA:

Hynes fine Dining, LLC
d/b/a ?Towne?
Richard J. Brackett, Manager
900 Boylston, Street Boston, MA 02115

In one room on the first floor with bar, kitchen and storage in the rear, in two rooms on the second floor with bar; kitchen and storage in the rear and to include an outdoor patio for 74 patrons on private property between the hours of 11:00 A.M. ? Midnight.

What the hell is the ?ZBA?, anyway? Sounds vaguely Un-American, possibly Croatian.

The Zentral B?ro of Authorization?

zoning board of appeal. every city that has zoning has one, variably titled board of zoning appeals, board of zoning adjustment, etc.

ablarc...if you still live in Charlotte, you too have a Zoning Board of Appeal....it would be in charge of making ruling on minor variances (its a citizen advisory group that acts at the discretion of the zoning department, much like the Historic Districts Commission)....you COULD appeal to the city council to overturn the ZBA, but its unlikely....plus its expensive.

Back