I-90 Interchange Improvement Project & West Station | Allston

The study says two tracks and that the multi-use path along the Grand Junction ROW has been designed to leave space for double-tracking

The Cambridge Redevelopment Authority just released a new Grand Junction Transit Study considering the potential of passenger rail service between West Station, Kendall, and North Station. It confirms that we could have electric trains running with 15-minute frequency with predicted ridership of as many as 11,000 daily riders.

It feels like they're overly concerned with North Shore through traffic from Lynn and Revere, which despite making up less than 1/5 of projected ridership seemed to hold significant sway in the mode choice (which happened quite early on in the study, I must say). They also seem quite dismissive of ridership within Cambridge, which given the rather poor connectivity of Cambridgeport seems a bit odd to me.

They're also claim a link to GLX is just impossible, and I'd pretty strongly dispute that. It requires you to, as they say, accept all of GLX as entirely permanent and unchangeable.

Back