I'm leaving Boston next year in the fall!

Hey, good luck man. I think going away for school is probably the best decision you could make. It really helps to get out of your own back yard and see a bit more of the world.
Enjoy it.

Will you be enrolling there as AOM or as DudeUrSistersHot?

Dude is my idol so I am obviously not him.

I'll be getting an MS in physician assistant studies.

Philly, eh? My bro is in grad school at Temple for urban design, and I seriously considered Temple for music way back in the day (ended up at SUNY Buffalo for a couple of funproductive years then off to Berklee). A part of me hopes to live there someday, if just for a little while.

Anyway, congrats.

^ My boyfriend might end up at Temple for grad school, so Philly may be on my horizon as well.

Philly seems like a gay-friendly city. As soon as I un-boarded the airplane at that airport, I was greeted by a sign in the terminal that said something like "philly-gay-pride-yeah-go-go-GO!" It also had a rainbow flag on it.

I noticed the homeless situation is different from Boston. The panhandlers seem more aggressive than the ones here in the hub. Bums will open doors for you when walking into a Chipolte's and ask for change because they offered you a "service."

SEPTA doesn't look like it is as good as the MBTA.

Oh yeah, and my top choice was a school in Chicago, but I got wait-listed there so now they're missing out on my amazing brain.

SEPTA is basically the same as the T , with big dreams and hopes but is fighting the state for aquadent funding...its management is bus obsessed like the MBTA...and run by idiots....

SEPTA is basically the same as the T , with big dreams and hopes but is fighting the state for aquadent funding...its management is bus obsessed like the MBTA...and run by idiots....
For better and worse they have not made their "central rail link" work: their's was an East-West link, rather than North-South...worth seeing how they tied the Pennsy system (operating out of Suburban Station) to the Reading system via a downtown tunnel. Kinda worked, and kinda a disappointment.

I would miss your dispatches from the log cabin if you stop posting. But why not mock our pretensions from Philly?

^I'm glad to see somebody else has a sense of humor! I start at the end of May and I expect gross anatomy will be taking over my life for the summer. I may or may not be posting here if that happens. However, I guess if I need a break from dissecting and studying; I can always come back here and chat with all of you!

Back