Infill and Small Developments | Portland

Still waiting on the top floor, but they've started laying the black bricks in the back

IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2350.JPG

Love those power lines, thanks Avangrid for ruining our city. What happened to the outcry, the push, the outrage for overhead lines? It seemed it went away when CMP was sold off they burying the lines became too cost prohibitive? Its okay for Nstar and the other power companies in Boston and Mass to bury the lines, but not here in go ole Maine....

I've lived here for 50 years and I've never heard any public outrage over overhead lines.

I've lived here for 50 years and I've never heard any public outrage over overhead lines.
That's because Mainers can't see them anymore. They don't even know they've been wearing LL Bean wear from the 80s that's been washed (and faded) a thousand times.

You haven't? You obviously don't live where power outages (Central Maine) due to weather, squirrels, accidents and every other CMP excuse under the sun....have become the norm.

You haven't? You obviously don't live where power outages (Central Maine) due to weather, squirrels, accidents and every other CMP excuse under the sun....have become the norm.
I've heard lots of complaints about CMP over the years (I swear there are bad lines that haven't been fixed since Hurricane Gloria 30+ years ago), but I've never heard any major outcry for aesthetic reasons.

I love the Deering St. frontage. it fits so nicely with the rest of the street. Give it 2-3 years of weather exposure and you'll barely be able to tell its a new build :)

Would it be considered "faux-historical" for them to use a gray instead of that creamy white on the trim on the Deering St. side? That really sticks out, and not in a good way.

The foundation was in place last weekend and steel has gone up since. Anyone know what this structure at Thompson’s Point will be? Photos taken from the platform and abroad the Downeaster.

Attachments

• E3468047-3061-43AD-86AC-CBE06E92C1E9.jpeg
    E3468047-3061-43AD-86AC-CBE06E92C1E9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 122
  • E8B5CA8C-E267-4F1E-B8BC-DE99958EE73E.jpeg
    E8B5CA8C-E267-4F1E-B8BC-DE99958EE73E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Thompson's Point actually has its own thread here somewhere.

Is it on the old Suburban Propane property near the tracks? If so, I think it's a new warehouse for the brewery... Taking the place of the originally intended arena.

Galt Block being listed again, Looks like the redevelopment fell thru..
1620071719725.png

Holy s - - - ! Six mill for one acre of land in Portland, not on the water?

The developers got it upzoned to the downtown B-3 zone, which probably increased its value considerably. I'm surprised to see it listed – last I'd heard, they wanted to build a senior living complex on this lot. My hunch is that they're selling it to raise some cash for their renovation of the former Mercy Hospital building right across the street.

Some renderings of 91 Winter Street - 52 Senior Apartments

winterstreet.PNG

91.PNG

I believe this is the other development visible from Fox St/parts of East Bayside - it's technically on North St.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 5.14.18 PM.png

Back