Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

The homeless people in PSI have been a part of the community far longer than the rich suburbanites moving into the developments next door. Some of you really want to cleanse cities of undesirables to make way for yuppie colonization and it is fucking disgusting.

Sprngh2o that isn't really relevant. Maybe they are able to work maybe they aren't they could still be homeless for many reasons either way and I don't think any of us really need to know whether they can work or not or why they are homeless unless they want to share their story.

I didn't ask why they were homeless.
I asked if they could work.
Seemed as if they were reaching out , thought I could help.
Never mind..

With all the development happening at the Ink Block and surrounding area, it really just makes me wish the city and/or state could get it together for air rights development over the pike/trains to cover the gap and connect it back into the South Cove/Chinatown. With the air rights over in Copley shaping up, I really think this would be one of the final/biggest things to bring the city back into a cohesive state.

I think it could still be quite a long time before air rights are considered between BB and SS. It's inevitable but definitely not very low-hanging fruit.

With all the development happening at the Ink Block and surrounding area, it really just makes me wish the city and/or state could get it together for air rights development over the pike/trains to cover the gap and connect it back into the South Cove/Chinatown. With the air rights over in Copley shaping up, I really think this would be one of the final/biggest things to bring the city back into a cohesive state.

Totally agree.

A beer garden run by Castle Island Brewing was supposed to open under the highway a month ago but has been delayed for unclear reasons:

42036606705_2b2c6af38e_h.jpg

Something's happening. This town is starting to feel large to me, with beer gardens sprouting up in places I didn't know or expect.

Something's happening. This town is starting to feel large to me, with beer gardens sprouting up in places I didn't know or expect.

I knew the Castle Island beer garden was coming, and I love that some use will come from this otherwise wasted and uninviting space.

On the larger point about largeness, yeah. Twenty-Five years ago I felt quite strongly that I really knew all of Boston aside from a few of the outlying neighborhoods. Over time, I've filled in those missing sections, but only to find suddenly that the core is now much more than it once was. Buildings along Boylston and Brookline Ave. seem really far from some of the stuff in the Seaport. Add in areas like the Ink Block, that fill in the gaps between, and suddenly there is a really significantly large, contiguous area of big city, downtown type neighborhoods. There is still more infill, and the density needs to crawl out in other, new directions, but I definitely get the same vibe as you.

It is mind boggling to me how nicely the Siena turned out and how shitty the building along Albany that went up at the same time by the same developer looks.

It is mind boggling to me how nicely the Siena turned out and how shitty the building along Albany that went up at the same time by the same developer looks.

Luxury condos versus lower-end hotel, not really very surprising.

We need an ink block of sienas. Let's call it Siena block.

Why stop at Siena? I'd like to see these architects try to abstract the facade of the Duomo in Florence. Actually since we love doing multiple facades on large buildings, let them be inspired by the Basilica of San Petrionio in Bologna. Call the whole thing the Cathedral District.

This inspired me and got me thinking. Imagine how badass it would be to paint a cable stay bridge like the Zakim like this. Not the Zakim itself because its iconic as is, but another bridge. The northern ave replacement maybe. That would be soo cool and as far as I know never done before. Im adding this concept to my single span cable stay bridge idea for the northern ave bridge replacement.

You heard it here first, what a badass idea if someone does this somewhere. You could always change it too by repainting it. Hell, why hasnt anyone painted a cable stay bridge even a solid color like red, grey, or brown...before? Theyre essentially blank concrete canvasses just waiting anyways. I think Im on to something here, I know Im on to something.

Back