Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

I really like this buiding. It's different, yet not over the top. Very sharp looking. Unless I'm missing an angle, it seems every side is window-heavy with no blank fortress walls.

Elegant. It's gotta be a tough sell being adjacent to I-93, but with design this classy in the thriving neighborhood it's adding to, I imagine this would be high on many Bostonians' lists of new buildings to call home.

It's within walking distance to the Pine Street Inn!! Classy neighborhood I tell ya!

It's within walking distance to the Pine Street Inn!! Classy neighborhood I tell ya!

My husband works for the Pine Street Inn -- that comment is just plain ignorant given what they do for the community.

They really should've used glass panels for all the balconies vs the cheap looking metal circle cutout panels. I've mentioned the metal panels before, but now seeing how much better the glass panel balconies are only confirms my opinion tenfold. Otherwise, nice building. The "X" effect lighting at night is done well and is not gimmicky.

Ok I didn't mean to insult the Pine Street Inn, I'm sure they do great things for homeless people.

But I wouldn't want to pay 4000 a month to be right next to the highway and a homeless shelter.

The striped pattern looks like the stuff thats put up before the facade goes on. Thats what I thought it was until I saw close up pics. I don't really notice the balconies so I don't think thats a huge deal though.

Ok I didn't mean to insult the Pine Street Inn, I'm sure they do great things for homeless people.

But I wouldn't want to pay 4000 a month to be right next to the highway and a homeless shelter.

If the opportunity ever presents itself, I strongly recommend you take an urban economics class.

Socio-economically integrated communities like the South End are enormously more thriving, resource-rich, and desirable places to live than the segregated, exclusive, homogeneous, disconnected North Shore communities you're probably better-acquainted with.

A class wont show what its really like. Id suggest visiting, hanging out, engaging with people, food, local culture, and maybe moving, if you really want to get acquainted.

Being this is 1 of 3 or 4 parcels that should have pushed 300~325, it's just squat infill.

Take him for ballast Chief.

I don't post often, but I need to say something here. I am a homeless person, AND GUESS WHAT!? WE WERE HERE FIRST! I love the vitality that new urban architecture and a mix of incomes has brought to the neighborhood, but I would caution against thinking that now that things have "changed", that you own the place.

If you would like a nice place to eat I would suggest this.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...te-catering/wM49u3bqyQb9A8udGjR3gL/story.html

I don't post often, but I need to say something here. I am a homeless person, AND GUESS WHAT!? WE WERE HERE FIRST! I love the vitality that new urban architecture and a mix of incomes has brought to the neighborhood, but I would caution against thinking that now that things have "changed", that you own the place.

If you would like a nice place to eat I would suggest this.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...te-catering/wM49u3bqyQb9A8udGjR3gL/story.html

Are you able to work?

Sprngh2o that isn't really relevant. Maybe they are able to work maybe they aren't they could still be homeless for many reasons either way and I don't think any of us really need to know whether they can work or not or why they are homeless unless they want to share their story.

Back