Intermed - as it develops (now officially a high-rise)

Just drove by and they have some giant looking yellow crane/machine looking thing. Hopefully they'll unfold that bad boy and start crushing some land soon.

Wow, if they're looking at summer 2008 occupancy, that boy's gonna go up fast!

It will be interesting to see a massive frame for a building in that area of the city, which is basically flat land.

They have officially started on the building, or at least the digging of the land. Should be one of the fastest built buildings of that size in the city.

Old design:

84marginalwaylargexa9.jpg

They have a crane up at the site, and it is all fenced off out into part of the street, and the rendering signs have been removed.

Order 243-06/07 Order Authorizing Second Addendum to Credit Enhancement
(Tab 41) Agreement with Atlantic Bayside Trust LLC (Formerly Capital LLC) Re: Bayside Redevelopment Tax Increment Financing District ? Sponsored by the Community Development Committee ? Councilor James F. Cloutier, Chair.

This order authorizes the City Manager to execute a second addendum to the Credit Enhancement Agreement (CEA) with Atlantic Bayside Trust LLC (formerly known as Capital LLC) to provide an additional $25,000 in project revenue to Atlantic Bayside Trust LLC, out of the additional tax revenue generated by the increased size and cost of Atlantic Bayside Trust LLC?s office building and garage project in the Bayside Redevelopment Tax Increment Financing District. The amendment is requested due to underestimating the costs for Preble Street improvements. Additional improvements have been to the original design of the building, increasing it from 64,000 sq. ft. to 110,000 sq. ft. and thereby increasing the taxable value of the completed project.

Drove by and they are driving the giant steel beams into the ground. When I got out of my car at my apartment on Commercial st., I could still hear it like it was twenty feet away. That's a big machine driving those in.

Since the land is infill and used to be part of the bay, they will need to drive those beams into the ground almost as deep as the building will be tall (135 feet) for stability reasons. They don't seem to be wasting any time.

Somebody has got to be taking some pictures every week tracking this things progress. :)

right now they are putting support beams into the ground. They cleared the brush, cleared the lot, put up a fence, broke out the crane and other construction toys and started laying the foundation all within two or three weeks of putting up the first sign. It is moving fast, but there really isn't much to photo yet. When there is, look for some pics. Also, emporis.com has someone who keeps tabs on this project and from time to time posts a few pictures.

I went up there again today because the weather was a lot better than Monday. I drove by this construction site and it is indeed very close to the highway. Should look nice when complete.

Back