International Place Appreciation Thread

JSic

Reaction score
I know some people on here question the architectural merits of the International Place complex, particularly the windows, but I've never had a problem with that. I love the presence this complex has; just immense by Boston standards. I hope what we end up getting at the Harbor Towers garage is silimar in scope.

bdurden

Reaction score
I've always thought it was a nice Post-modern companion to the Boston Harbor Hotel, as in the 3rd photo.

KentXie

Reaction score
They are one of my favorite buildings in the city.

bostonbred

Reaction score
It being the GOOD example of neo-facsist arkitectura

stick n move

Reaction score
if only that crown type thing was on top of the big tower it would been an la type skyline downtown....owell their still masterpieces

Dan

Reaction score
I've always liked the shape and massing of International Place, but still dislike the windows--especially the white framing.

B

bosma

Love these buildings especially the coolding towers on the roof! The roof deck on the low rise portion is also great.

I can only imagine how much better this building would have been if they knew the SE X-Way would eventually been torn down and replaced with a park.

Ron Newman

Reaction score
They had to move the elevated High Street off-ramp to build this project. The relocated ramp was one of the very last pieces of elevated highway to come down after the Big Dig was finished.

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
I always liked these buildings. I remember when the the highway was still elevated and I would just stare up at 1 International as a kid as we drove past it. It really has a nice presence, and while it's only the 5th/9th tallest buildings in the city, it has more sheer verticality than 1 Boston Place or the Fed.

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score
I love One International Place but am I the only one who finds Two International Place's top extremely awkward? :rolleyes:

unterbau

Reaction score
The whole massing is awkward in general. I can appreciate certain details here and there, but I don't think it's possible to embrace as a whole.

bostonbred

Reaction score
Duntz kap bilding havin SUPRE Colosseum order problemsche mit der WINDOWLINGS of the 30 feets grids. SO. it looking like only like the gigant HAREY DUCKS is nestling their. OR so it wood seem