International Place Appreciation Thread

JSic

Reaction score
I know some people on here question the architectural merits of the International Place complex, particularly the windows, but I've never had a problem with that. I love the presence this complex has; just immense by Boston standards. I hope what we end up getting at the Harbor Towers garage is silimar in scope.

One%20International%20Place.jpg

International_Place_Boston.JPG

524749.jpg

739147186_d16d5d4e21_o.jpg

boston29.jpg

I've always thought it was a nice Post-modern companion to the Boston Harbor Hotel, as in the 3rd photo.

They are one of my favorite buildings in the city.

It being the GOOD example of neo-facsist arkitectura

if only that crown type thing was on top of the big tower it would been an la type skyline downtown....owell their still masterpieces

I've always liked the shape and massing of International Place, but still dislike the windows--especially the white framing.

Love these buildings especially the coolding towers on the roof! The roof deck on the low rise portion is also great.

I can only imagine how much better this building would have been if they knew the SE X-Way would eventually been torn down and replaced with a park.

They had to move the elevated High Street off-ramp to build this project. The relocated ramp was one of the very last pieces of elevated highway to come down after the Big Dig was finished.

I always liked these buildings. I remember when the the highway was still elevated and I would just stare up at 1 International as a kid as we drove past it. It really has a nice presence, and while it's only the 5th/9th tallest buildings in the city, it has more sheer verticality than 1 Boston Place or the Fed.

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

I love One International Place but am I the only one who finds Two International Place's top extremely awkward? :rolleyes:

The whole massing is awkward in general. I can appreciate certain details here and there, but I don't think it's possible to embrace as a whole.

Duntz kap bilding havin SUPRE Colosseum order problemsche mit der WINDOWLINGS of the 30 feets grids. SO. it looking like only like the gigant HAREY DUCKS is nestling their. OR so it wood seem

Back