IMG_9392 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9394 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9402 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9400 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9404 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9410 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9412 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_9419 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Would you call the house in IMG 9319 a three decker? Whatever it is it's an extremely good design. The one next to it (built by the same people?) is well done too

9319 is gorgeous, the bowed rakes (is that what they're called?) are beautiful!

Would you call the house in IMG 9319 a three decker? Whatever it is it's an extremely good design. The one next to it (built by the same people?) is well done too
Both are amazing, just seeing these now. Love the bowed (rakes)? I didnt know that term but that's what jumped out at me too. Really accentuates the arch with a lofty, airy feel.

JP looks great, real variety of styles. I agree that's a fine 3-family in img 9319.

Many thanks for the pictures, Beeline.

Centre Street at Jackson Square

52368214648_7e0ee84202_k.jpg

It's hideous, but this location is damn near rural and not remotely close to any train lines, so I suppose row houses or something more traditionally urban aren't really a good fit.

I'll take it as a win. Its a zoning win (and a NIMBY win I'm sure). No matter what is built here, its housing and Boston needs it. An apartment tower for 50 units here would have been also been seen as exclusive so the route taken was most likely the one that appeases many voices in JP/ Boston. There appears to be an attempt to balance the project with maintaining the existing tree canopy. There are the three bedroom + den layouts which helps the city address "growing" family housing and maybe the den addresses the extended family/live-in parents. No public transpiration is going to drive down these "historic roads of early JP" so short of mowing down the area for a new street grid, the need for a suburban car parking is required. It is filling a niche market that may seem exclusive but I believe all types of housing are needed. Its better than someone coming in to rebuild the two existing homes with tennis courts and pools.
This site is huge
Untitled.png

Another apartment building approved on Washington Street in Jamaica Plain
1667421476140.jpeg

The Zoning Board of Appeal yesterday approved plans to replace a tow lot with a four-story, 29-unit apartment building at 3409 Washington St., between Green Street and Union Avenue in Jamaica Plain.

Plans by Jigar Patel's S&H Management of Hyde Park show seven parking spaces and a small commercial unit on the ground floor. The building will not have gas hookups and will have solar panels on the roof.

The building - first proposed as a boutique hotel - would have 14 studios, 9 one-bedroom apartments and 6 two-bedroom units. Six would be rented as affordable, with four meant for people making no more than 70% of the Boston area median income and two for people making no more than 30% of that level.
https://www.universalhub.com/2022/another-apartment-building-approved-washington

Urban Edge, MDHCD to Develop 65-Unit Affordable Housing Project in Boston
1599-Columbus-Ave.-Boston.jpg

BOSTON — Urban Edge, in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Housing & Community Development (MDHCD), will develop a 65-unit affordable housing project at 1599 Columbus Ave. in Boston. The property will house one-, two- and three-bedroom units that will be reserved for renters earning up to 30 and 60 percent of the area median income, as well as 3,200 square feet of retail space. Utile Inc. is the project architect, and Bald Hill Builders is the general contractor. Completion is slated for spring 2024. MassHousing provided financing for the project.
https://rebusinessonline.com/urban-...65-unit-affordable-housing-project-in-boston/

I know they need the extra space that the addition provides to fund this but man, that is not good. Dimella Shaffer can do so much better
Don't worry, this thing is miles away from pencilling

Back