Jamaica Plain Infill and Small Developments

It probably was algorithmically generated by GAN trained to replace a human architect.

They cite the skyrocketing lumber prices as a potential problem (it really is wild how much it's increased) but I actually wonder if it'll work towards the projects benefit. Some are saying they expect prices to start falling this summer, now that mills and production have begun to ramp back up to normal. So if their ground breaking isn't until Fall they might catch some of that downtrend.
Versus starting towards the end of last year like planned and hitting the peak. Not that delays aren't uselessly costly in other areas though. Glad to see this move forward.

Very pleased to see this moving ahead. Hopefully some of what I considered misplaced ill-will toward Turtle Swamp will lift, now that the project is going forward. A lot of people in the area have been blaming the brewery for the landlord's tactics, but I think they were kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. At any rate, it's resolved, the project is necessary, and the compromise looks good, because it doesn't actually add any additional parking beyond the original proposal, just improves management of existing spaces. That should always be the first step regarding parking concerns -- how can we better use what already exists?

Did you guys catch this?

"They also agreed not to oppose Gold should he seek to redevelop the building now occupied by Turtle Swamp."

Gold really has some nerve doesn't he? He's opposing all the development around him (he's also opposing the senior housing proposed next door) but uses a lawsuit to get them to agree not to oppose when he eventually does it?

Bee, where are all of these things? After living in JP for a decade, I’m not moving through the backroads of that neighborhood with any frequency anymore, and most of these are not familiar to me...

Bee, where are all of these things? After living in JP for a decade, I’m not moving through the backroads of that neighborhood with any frequency anymore, and most of these are not familiar to me...
I live there now and can't figure out where it is.

Reactions: FK4
Item 159 photos are from the Stony Brook T station east up to the 3100 block of Washington then north along Washington. The item 160 photos are from Egleston Sq area (intersection of Washington and Columbus). I hope this helps (?).

Another one.

Wait...old people don't drink beer? Since when???

If my early-20's were any indication, I'm baffled as to how a largely sedentary adjacent residential population with few firm schedule commitments during the day could ever possibly be net-bad, much less allegedly-lethal, for brewpub business.

Thanks @BeeLine!! Amazing photo tour of JP Development. For the first time in ArchBoston history, I can see my home in a BeeLine picture. It was on this day, after decades inside Route 128 and six years as a City of Boston homeowner, that I finally became a true Bostonian.

Back