Jamaica Plain Infill and Small Developments

Does anybody know whether there is a plan for the bus yard's new location? I agree it should go, the area is primed for more residential density and that's the logical next spot. But we can't simply make it vanish. Where is the new lot going to be?

Does anybody know whether there is a plan for the bus yard's new location? I agree it should go, the area is primed for more residential density and that's the logical next spot. But we can't simply make it vanish. Where is the new lot going to be?

I don't know how dated this article is, but it gives you an idea. Plus it shows that there may be issues with new locations.

THis article from the JP Gazette doesn't shed much light on 500 Arborway and the Bus Yard:http://jamaicaplaingazette.com/2014/03/28/t-to-demolish-500-arborway-building/
The MassDOT 2017-21 draft CIP contains no funding for the Arborway Yard.

From 1999 - possible future development areas at and around the Arborway Yard with the new bus garage, maintenance facility and MBTA underground employee parking where 500 Arborway still is. 500 Arborway was vacated by the MBTA, but is currently being used by Barletta Heavy Division as their field office for the Casey Arborway Project.
n6z1go.jpg

This site could withstand twice the amount of housing, even more retail, and an office building. Forest Hills is a prime location for the city to develop as both a housing and jobs hub.

When I saw the rendering for that Choo project on Hyde Park Ave, I vomited a little in my mouth. The progress shots make me think I need to restock my pepto bismol supply.

Something going up right in downtown JP. Not sure what it is yet... just FYI.

Also, this is a retail section remark, but... the Turtle Swamp Brewery on Washington is fucking *awesome*. Check it out!

Bee - if yOh went a mile deeper, would have seen the big condo building going up behind Rozzie Sq. Not a massive project, but pretty consequential for the area.

BeeLine taking photos of MBTA projects, on top of everything else? Fantastic!

WHOA! I had no idea they were doing work at Forest Hills MBTA station. Does anyone have a project link with more info? What's the end goal?

WHOA! I had no idea they were doing work at Forest Hills MBTA station. Does anyone have a project link with more info? What's the end goal?

The project was supposed to be completed over a year ago, I can tell you that. Whoever is in charge of this project should be ashamed of themselves. They used 2 months of bad winter as an excuse for the project being 18 months behind schedule.

It is a storage facility. The green buildings with the harvest were built a few years ago now.

Back