Julie Hall | Brookline Ave | Emanuel College | Fenway

Re: Julie Hall | Brookline Ave | Emanuel College

Hopefully the City will be able to get mitigation money from them to put in a mid-block crosswalk and signal across Brookline Ave since they (along with Simmons) are creating demand for their students to cross the street at unsafe locations.

Thanks for the PNF!

--

whI8nDs.png

5J7MKpt.png

Smhf3p9.png

BWRuHXu.png

vRrTzA1.png

ov5sVN5.png

aoYqA79.png

gzZMnaQ.png

uVOevAS.png

6HfWexj.png

Ago2w4Z.png

z90q3WB.png

E42HWOl.png

wYWRKhx.png

7c7xYZt.png

QhXlJkJ.png

BWRuHXu.png

Theyre gonna have to amend that model of the Muddy River in the upper right! The trench looks totally dug out by this point, I know there's a lot of skepticism about the Army Corps' design skills but the daylighting of the Muddy is one of the most exciting projects around, in my book...

APPROVED!

The Board is very excited about this project. Emmanuel is hopeful that the dorms will be used year-round, as they could be used by other COF schools.

For good reason. There is no apparent reason this should not be built. Its a win on many issues ... AND ...the design is solid.

cca

Data, thanks for your BRA Meeting updates yesterday. Great work!!!

Data, thanks for your BRA Meeting updates yesterday. Great work!!!

Thanks. I watched the entire nearly 5-hour livestream which went until 11:30 PM. Yesterday's meeting was a marathon due to the 1.5 hours of opposition for the Garden Garage.

"but not everyone is excited.

For one group of students, the razing of brick Julie Hall also means the loss of G12, a beloved suite passed down annually from seniors to underclassmen and filled with Disney decorations, Harry Potter memorabilia, and a Post-It note quote wall."

Good Grief!!! These students need to get over it!

I wonder if the excess rooms in the new dorm will be leased to Northeastern?

I doubt they are going to chain themselves to the radiators. They are just pointing out a tradition that will be lost. No harm in that.

They should talk to the administrators about setting aside a spare room in the new building to continue the tradition. It isn't rocket science. It's Communication 101.

For one group of students, the razing of brick Julie Hall also means the loss of G12, a beloved suite passed down annually from seniors to underclassmen and filled with Disney decorations, Harry Potter memorabilia, and a Post-It note quote wall."

I wonder if the excess rooms in the new dorm will be leased to Northeastern?

Would they? Between the relative distance NU's own planned dorm projects would they commit to a lease? I was wondering if Wheelock or another CotF needed space...

This site is fence off and the landscaping is being removed. It looks like they're getting ready to demo the existing building.

The old building is gone -- Pierce Boston and 1350 Boylston under construction in the background:

20160921_1201322_zpsselrqzmu.jpg

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but for many years Julie Hall was leased to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital which used it for administrative offices. From the Emmanuel website:

"The 2000s saw dramatic growth and innovation, with enrollment tripling in the decade following the College's decision to become coeducational. During this period the College added new facilities including the Jean Yawkey Center (student center) and the Maureen Murphy Wilkens Science Center, and completed a major renovation of Julie Hall, which was reacquired from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in 2002."

You want to talk REALLY sad; they dug up the rec field between Revelle and Muir at UCSC in La Jolla. as in, DESTROYED... They're putting in God know's what. One of the most majestic Eucalyptus groves in California GONE for more buildings. When i was there, it was underutilized. That's 3/4 of what made it so awesome. You could just relax with the gf and hardly anyone was around. It was also a fantastic place for doing sprints between the big swell events at Black's. There's nothing on earth as wonderful as the smell of Eucalyptus.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...6aafc89913ea7!8m2!3d32.8800604!4d-117.2340135

La Jolla Canyon doing it's thing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HsnxY-t1v4

Back