Lancaster Boston | 1501 Commonwealth Ave | Brighton

Re: 1501 Commonwealth Ave

That is one truly fugly website.

WTF? Why is there a 1920s Packard in that rendering? God, I've lost any confidence in this project (did I have any to start with?)

There are not one but two 1920s cars...and a 1920s trolley. And a man in a straw hat accompanying a flapper.

If this was the 1920s that building would be a lot nicer.

The rendering may be hokey, and the building mediocre, but it's a hell of a big improvement over what's there now.

instead of a giant cube, the facade should be broken into steps that follow the slope of the site. the allston brighton cdc would have done a better job, but they lost the bid.

I know the whole "any news?" posts are a horrible letdown, but seriously WTF is going on with this site?

The nursing home is half plywood, and looks like a wall might be collapsing. The rendering reminds me of the Dolphin down in Disney (or some other PoMo crap) but at least its not a collapsing 50s dump.

Developer came around again to announce that construction "will be happening soon." Whatever that means.

Is Merrill Diamond still the developer of record on this one? I imagine he was able to lock down this parcel for short money, then sit on it for 5 years until the market in A/B warranted going forward.

Cars from the 1920s, a building from the late '80s and a website straight out of 1997.

Yes, it was Diamond who made the announcement on Thursday.

Hey, his new building is from the 1920s, and the car that was pictured in front of it is from the 1910s.

Wonder which decade the website will be from?

P.S. he also expounded on his theory that Brighton will be the next big hot spot after South Boston

Yes, it was Diamond who made the announcement on Thursday.

Hey, his new building is from the 1920s, and the car that was pictured in front of it is from the 1910s.

Wonder which decade the website will be from?

P.S. he also expounded on his theory that Brighton will be the next big hot spot after South Boston

It's not exactly "hot", but Brighton's not anywhere where Southie was. Houses on the hill sell around a million +/- 200k. Transit also sucks. Maybe he meant Allston?

Drove by the site on Friday, and they were tearing down the old nursing home. Unfortunately wasn't able to get a picture.

HMuTBY5.jpg

Going by on the B line

15178107149_82d743c613_b.jpg

15341848716_4303413640_b.jpg

charing-thumb-thumb-thumb.jpg

What is the deal with the old-school car in this render?

Back