Landmark Ctr. Expansion Plans | Fenway

I think there's been some rumbling about this in the Fenway thread, but Samuel keeps churning out winners IMHO.

The rendering from the article is interesting. It shows not only the completed muddy river restoration, but also shows "The Point" completed as well.

XMAS4aZ.jpg

Are any other renderings available? The project notification form on the BRA site has no actual plans. that rendering looks great the planned buildings frame the landmark center really well.

Is that building to the right the Point?

Great to see that in some form of a rendering. I was having a hard time trying to imagine where that building would go on the site. I didn't realize there was that much room over there for a building. I hope the residents don't mind the sound of Green Line trains rumbling by.

There's tons of room by the Green Line for a building, but what I'm curious about is this:

...and there will be another 110,000 square feet of retail, much of it along Brookline Avenue.

Where exactly along Brookline Ave is there space for ~70,0000 s.f. of anything? I wanna see more!

And great to see Samuels is still so bullish on the area...compared to the plan set forth 5 years ago of adding a few floors of office space on top of the parking garage, this is ambitious on a whole 'nother level.

Great to see that in some form of a rendering. I was having a hard time trying to imagine where that building would go on the site. I didn't realize there was that much room over there for a building. I hope the residents don't mind the sound of Green Line trains rumbling by.

i live on the orange line you don't hear it or at least don't notice it. I'm sure thats louder than the green line.

This would literally be next to the tracks and unlike the Orange line, this line is not submerged in a concrete trench.

i live on the orange line you don't hear it or at least don't notice it. I'm sure thats louder than the green line.

And I live on the E line, though my apartment is on the backside of the building, and all I hear is a low end rumble every now and then.

Still, the noise generated by these trains or highway traffic is always overstated -- it's the stop-and-go, horn-honking traffic that's most disruptive.

True, ambulances and fire trucks make the most noise as well as those new low frequency sirens the police use now (at least in NYC). The Green Line probably won't be so bad as long as they don't blow that awful horn. The only people it will bother are the people living on the lower floors right along the tracks. This is one time when not having an all-night subway system is a good thing.

Still, the noise generated by these trains or highway traffic is always overstated -- it's the stop-and-go, horn-honking traffic that's most disruptive.

This would literally be next to the tracks and unlike the Orange line, this line is not submerged in a concrete trench.

The people who live in NorthPoint right next to the Lechmere Viaduct seem to be all right with it. There are plenty of people who will live next to "noise."

Very true. I am one of them. I live in Midtown and people ask how I can deal with the "noise". I live on a high floor and hear mainly the hum of HVAC systems on the roofs below - but I always hear sirens and noise from 2-3 blocks away, not the stuff on the street below or cars. I have definitely gotten used to it.

The people who live in NorthPoint right next to the Lechmere Viaduct seem to be all right with it. There are plenty of people who will live next to "noise."

Very true. I am one of them. I live in Midtown and people ask how I can deal with the "noise". I live on a high floor and hear mainly the hum of HVAC systems on the roofs below - but I always hear sirens and noise from 2-3 blocks away, not the stuff on the street below or cars. I have definitely gotten used to it.

Yeah. I enjoy ambient city noise. I actually have a hard time sleeping in the suburbs or the country.

True, ambulances and fire trucks make the most noise as well as those new low frequency sirens the police use now (at least in NYC). The Green Line probably won't be so bad as long as they don't blow that awful horn. The only people it will bother are the people living on the lower floors right along the tracks. This is one time when not having an all-night subway system is a good thing.

12 years ago I did a summer sublet in this Park Dr. apartment building right next to Fenway station. Top floor apt. directly overlooking the tracks. You can't hear a thing from above Fenway except the whoosh of the roof-mount fans on the train. No vibrations...no low rumbling. And keep in mind the D is active all night long with work trains and equipment swaps all throughout the wee hours. Few slow-moving trains per hour every overnight except Sat. The only time I was ever awoken by anything was when the wire inspection train was going by overnight and its gigantic upward-pointing floodlights shone straight onto my bedroom ceiling.

The @#$% Park Dr. bridge, on the other hand...the expansion joints on that thing are (still) so shot you hear nothing but *KA-CHUNK KA-CHUNK* 24/7 from every speeding vehicle taking the hill. That noise was annoying as hell.

Wow. This is a huge, huge project for the neighborhood if it ends up anything like this. All the green space and retail combined with 550 additional residential units will be a huge boon to the neighborhood.

It also looks like they will be upgrading the Fenway T station based on some of the renders. Perhaps they will be adding an entrance on the southbound side of Park Drive?

Back