Liberty Mutual Tower | 157 Berkeley Street | Back Bay

Re: Liberty Mutual plans major Boston expansion

Thanks, you too. I had a car for a couple days and decided to make the most of it...I'm excessive like that. Best of luck to you in NC!
great updates,I've been lazy and just posting all my pixs on the crane thread,just spent my whole lunch break looking at ur pixs :)

I like the slim side you see when looking down Columbus from Clarendon

Yeah? And I like the little way the line runs up the back of the stockings ...

I like the slim side you see when looking down Columbus from Clarendon

Totally agree...the rounded corners really help to slim it down from that perspective. So far the Fatiron isn't looking so fat, and here's hoping the cladding (which is also exceeding my expectations) doesn't weigh it down.

More like a streetscape worthy of New York, ever hear of Hunter College?

Just because there are 1-2 skybridges in NY doesn't mean it's defined by them. The blocks they're on, however, are, and downtown Minneapolis is entirely.

Just because there are 1-2 skybridges in NY doesn't mean it's defined by them. The blocks they're on, however, are, and downtown Minneapolis is entirely.

So why do you then compare Boston to Minneapolis instead of New York?

Last edited:

That front side curve is very dominant.

The curve looks very nice , when viewed from the Stuart street side of the five point intersection. Almost nice enough to distract the eyes from the tube.

I don't think we have any pictures up of quite the angle I'm describing, but it is definitely a pretty cool view as you come around the corner from Arlington.

So why do you then compare Boston to Minneapolis instead of New York?

Because I thought it would bring more immediate associations to the minds of most people here than "it looks like the block of 32nd St. near Herald Square in Manhattan that has one of New York's few skybridges".

It's like asking why, when gazing at a Beaux-Arts apartment building in some US city, one compares it to Paris instead of the Hotel Vendome on Comm Ave.

I posted that because you(s) come across as constantly negative. I think the tone of this forum has become overly negative and nowhere near as informative as it use to be.

I was going to comment that the recent spate of "negativity" signals a return to form for AB - at least the AB I remember from pre-Great Recession. That is, before certain true believers descended upon the board and hijacked every major thread with their politics, we used to have renderings, construction pics, and a whole lot of criticism thereof.

PS: big ups to KZ for the comprehensive update!

I'm with blade blitz--it feels like pre-recession business as usual around here. And not that I condone negativity but how much positivity can be had when 85% of the projects that get built are middling at best?

And not that I condone negativity but how much positivity can be had when 85% of the projects that get built are middling at best?

Asking why 85% of projects are middling is like asking why the average person is so average.

Um, I think you misinterpreted what I wrote.

Boston-20120517-00074.jpg

Going to miss the view of old Hancock's comparatively svelte spire a lot. Oh well. Hello, Fatiron. Look at that blubber rise!

From Market Street in Brighton:

7236010092_f8c8e9afd5_b.jpg

Hmmmm.

Suggestion for glass floor on the walkover bridge. This will help mitigate the loss of streetlife by attracting new pedestrians to look up corporate skirts and dresses.

Maybe a tie in new hip restaurant or bar, "The Upskirt" of "Peek-a-Boos". Would go well with Flash's in the neighborhood.

Back