Logan Airport Capital Projects

Fading over time might not be so bad. I'm thinking of the Porter Square mobile which is a gentle pink now but one which my brain insists on interpreting as red.

Either way, the canopies will remain red at the underside which is what people will see up close.

Fading over time might not be so bad. I'm thinking of the Porter Square mobile which is a gentle pink now but one which my brain insists on interpreting as red.

Either way, the canopies will remain red at the underside which is what people will see up close.
Or the scupture in front of 7 WTC, which is also in red.
7 WTC Sculpture..jpg

This video on YouTube recording the arrival of fallen USMC Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo at Logan has helicopter views of Terminal E expansion, showing its great size. Starts around the 3:30 mark, and is about a one minute pan. Later in the video, a helicopter camera tracks the motorcade approaching and crossing the Zakim, with some unusual perspectives, and revealing the scale of development around North Station, and east Cambridge.

As someone who flew into Terminal E last week, that entry into the city experience is so awful. It would be nice if they put a little attention into the passport control and luggage pick up.

As someone who flew into Terminal E last week, that entry into the city experience is so awful. It would be nice if they put a little attention into the passport control and luggage pick up.
I usually have no issues with the Customs area, other than it's quite a long walk from E10, especially if one has a disability as I do, but the biggest issue that I have is that the luggage carts used to be free. Now it's 6 USD for them, and half the time the card reader isn't working with my credit card. I have no idea why they don't upgrade these things for contactless. Same with parking... I know I'm not the only one complaining about it based on the gripes I hear in the Terminal E baggage claim.

I usually have no issues with the Customs area, other than it's quite a long walk from E10, especially if one has a disability as I do, but the biggest issue that I have is that the luggage carts used to be free. Now it's 6 USD for them, and half the time the card reader isn't working with my credit card. I have no idea why they don't upgrade these things for contactless. Same with parking... I know I'm not the only one complaining about it based on the gripes I hear in the Terminal E baggage claim.

Being in the US can be so tiresome with how far behind we are on things like contactless payments.

File under "reasonable wayfinding projects"

Solution: either tilt the "Departures" arrow a little bit, or re-center it under the "p" in Departures.

This sign at Logan drives me NUTS because it essentially clarifies NOTHING about what lane you're supposed to be in. It literally is best read as "crash into the impact absorption barrier" to get to Departures:
Fix This with a little bit of Code.png

Also, the right shoulder is so poorly marked it appears to be the exit lane for Harborside Drive, reinforcing the impression that Departures is immediately to its left. Other solution: hash marks on the shoulder to make it clear where the right lane is.

And so you see people at the last minute changing lanes, even in Streetview:
(click the link below and "on the street in front of you" to follow the blue Subaru as it makes the all-too-common path.
Where it looks for a long way like it is perfectly lined up for "Departures" only to find out that the Departures sign is wrongly mostly above and indicating the Harborside Drive lane.)

Last edited:
File under "reasonable wayfinding projects"

Solution: either tilt the "Departures" arrow a little bit, or re-center it under the "p" in Departures.

This sign at Logan drives me NUTS because it essentially clarifies NOTHING about what lane you're supposed to be in. It literally is best read as "crash into the impact absorption barrier" to get to Departures:
View attachment 17793

Also, the right shoulder is so poorly marked it appears to be the exit lane for Harborside Drive, reinforcing the impression that Departures is immediately to its left. Other solution: hash marks on the shoulder to make it clear where the right lane is.

And so you see people at the last minute changing lanes, even in Streetview:
(click the link below and "on the street in front of you" to follow the blue Subaru as it makes the all-too-common path.
Where it looks for a long way like it is perfectly lined up for "Departures" only to find out that the Departures sign is wrongly mostly above and indicating the Harborside Drive lane.)

Yes - Massport, if you are reading this - - THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT SLOPPY WORK, especially because it creates dangerous situations that put human beings lives at risk.

That is begging for a negligence lawsuit....it's not funny, fix it or else.

Back